External Mic at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Full Frame for HD
All about using the Canon 1D X, 6D, 5D Mk. IV / Mk. III / Mk. II D-SLR for 4K and HD video recording.

Old April 12th, 2010, 09:41 AM   #1
Major Player

External Mic

I am looking for a decent and affordable stereo mic for 5DII. Anybody has used this mic and is it compatible with 5DII. Thank you.

Panasonic | DMW-MS1 Stereo Lumix Microphone | DMW-MS1 | B&H

Jun
Old April 13th, 2010, 07:16 AM   #2
Major Player

I use the Rode Stereo Video Mic and like it.
Worth looking at. You'll be able to find reviews online like here
YouTube - RODE SVM Stereo VideoMic for camcorders
Old April 19th, 2010, 06:05 AM   #3
Regular Crew

possible candidate?

Hi

I am a new 5D user, owning a SonyEX3 as my main camera. I have had the 5D just few days and yesterday did a short trial shoot using my OKM in ear stereo mics. The results were reasonably promising. I plan to shoot and post some clips later this week so you can check out the results. The mics themselves as you will see if you go to the website are just like in ear headphones so are very small and light. They produce a very good stereo image so may have potential for location sound recording.

Soundman OKM In-Ear Microphones (Finland) — nnyman.com
Eric A Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2010, 07:24 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I use an Audio-Technica AT825 stereo microphone on my 7D with very good results. I purchased it used on e-bay.

I do not know about the Panasonic you posted.

You may also consider Sony ECM-MS957 which is relatively inexpensive. I read good things about it in one of the threads in this forum.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/150435-REG/Sony_ECMMS957_ECM_MS957_Stereo_Condenser.html
P.
Pedanes Bol is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Full Frame for HD