Raw Canon DSLR file at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old December 8th, 2010, 05:27 PM   #1
Major Player

Raw Canon DSLR file

Does anyone know where I can obtain a sample of raw video footage so I can see how my NLE's and computer will handle it? I just need a few seconds, but can't find anything on the web and no local stores have demo units available. (I am tentatively planning to purchase a 60D in the next few days if I am confident my system is up to par.)

Thanks for any help you can give.

Phil

Last edited by Phil Murray; December 8th, 2010 at 09:53 PM.
Phil Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2010, 10:59 PM   #2
Major Player

Here's 30 seconds of 1080/24 from a T2i - 130 MB:

http://tinyurl.com/2a7anmy

(Its a shot of the LCD during a load of Magic Lantern.)
Old December 9th, 2010, 12:19 AM   #3
Regular Crew

How to Capture RAW data,if understand correctly , it is the data without H.264 compression.Is it possible to get from T2i or anyother DSLR..
Viswanadha Reddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2010, 01:09 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Photos are RAW. You can make a RAW video from timelapse photos.

Real-time video is h.264 only.

You can capture the HDMI uncompressed output, but the image is scaled and not good for production purposes.
Old December 9th, 2010, 01:16 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viswanadha Reddy View Post
How to Capture RAW data,if understand correctly , it is the data without H.264 compression.Is it possible to get from T2i or anyother DSLR..
No RAW video on any DSLR. You can get uncompressed video from the Panasonic GH2. Or so it's claimed. How to record it is another matter.
Old December 9th, 2010, 08:05 AM   #6
Major Player

Guys, I'm pretty sure he just means he wants a video file shot by a 60D/T2i that is in the original format the camera produces, and not transcoded or compressed for the netz. :)
Bryan Cantwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2010, 04:01 PM   #7
Obstreperous Rex

Yeah, it should be clear that he's talking about a
native QuickTime clip straight out of the camera.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2010, 04:33 PM   #8
Major Player

Sorry, guys. I did mean video footage straight out of the camera. It has been so long since I've done photo work that I completely forgot about RAW photo files. I apologize for the confusion, but thanks so much for the help.

Joel -- thank you for the file. I got it and it runs quite smoothly straight on the timeline in Vegas Pro 10 and Premiere Elements which is a positive. My favorite "quick and dirty" NLE -- Pinnacle Studio 12 -- doesn't take it, though. I've ordered the upgrade to Studio 14 which many folks say also accepts the files straight out of the camera with little or no problem. (I've got a decent vide card and a quad core processor so I should be okay.) Based on this ecxperience, i went ahead and bought a 60D this afternoon.

I'm leaving for a couple of weeks to spend time way back in the mountains in a little village in the Andes. It's going to be a completely new experience for me and I'd like to do as much shooting as possible with video AND photos. I think a DSLR would be a good medium between my favorite XH-A1 and my little HV40 as well as provide quality photos. (I already have a few good Canon lenses.)

Phil
Phil Murray is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD