Must-have accessories for the T2i? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD
APS-C sensor cameras including the 80D, 70D, 7D Mk. II, 7D, EOS M and Rebel models for HD video recording.

Old March 29th, 2010, 11:09 AM   #31
Major Player

On the subject of accessories, my indieFOCUSmini and my indieSLIDERmini Deluxe are out for delivery. Can't wait to try them out!!
Bryan McCullough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 01:21 PM   #32
Tourist

files

When the files get to 4gb, how long until you can start recording video again, given there's still space on the card? Would there be problem recording for 8hrs?
Peter Slabysz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2010, 03:03 PM   #33
Major Player

Peter, you can start recording right away after the first 12 minutes, and you can record as long as you want, 8-10 hours as long as the camera doesn't overheat and you have plenty of batteries and you stop recording every 12 minutes.

Welcome to DV-info :)
Michael Ojjeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2010, 02:00 AM   #34
Regular Crew

T2i/550D battery grip

Hi guys,

I've posted a new blog post reviewing my new knock-off T2i/550D battery grip. I'm very happy with it, check it out:

T2i / 550D knock-off battery grip review | Nino Film - Blog - Nino Leitner

Your comments are always greatly appreciated!

Nino
Nino Leitner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 03:18 PM   #35
Regular Crew

DSLR viewfinder review & comparison

It's me again, this time I did a very extensive blog post on DSLR viewfinders, comparing Zacuto Z-Finder Jr, Z-Finder Pro 2.5x, LCDVF, Cavision, Hoodman HoodLoupe and an accessory by Redrock Micro.

Epic DSLR Viewfinder Review Part 5: Essential DSLR accessories | Nino Film - Blog - Nino Leitner
Old July 1st, 2010, 03:38 PM   #36
Regular Crew

Perhaps you should have reviewed the Hoodman Cinema Kit Pro. It would certainly have been more comparable to the others you reviewed. It attaches the hood to your camera and swivels away to take pictures. I just used mine on a T2i at Seaworld in San Diego and it worked great.
Tom Dickerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2010, 05:12 PM   #37
Inner Circle

Not to mention that the HoodMag improves the HoodLoupe greatly. With the HoodLoupe, you need to center your eye precisely or the image gets soft. Add the HoodMag and it's completely forgiving.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 03:32 AM   #38
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Dickerson View Post
Perhaps you should have reviewed the Hoodman Cinema Kit Pro. It would certainly have been more comparable to the others you reviewed. It attaches the hood to your camera and swivels away to take pictures. I just used mine on a T2i at Seaworld in San Diego and it worked great.
Sorry, would have liked to review that, but I had to work with what B&H could supply me with!

I will review the new Letus Hawk VF and LCDVF3/2 though, both manufacturers contacted me.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 05:43 AM   #39
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan McCullough View Post
On the subject of accessories, my indieFOCUSmini and my indieSLIDERmini Deluxe are out for delivery. Can't wait to try them out!!
Bryan, have you been using them? What do you think of them?
Dennis Stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2010, 12:24 PM   #40
Major Player

I like them very much. I've not had other versions of either so I can't really speak to how they compare to the likes of RedRock or Zacuto, but I've been more than pleased.

The FollowFocus seems to be just fine and I love the snap gears.

I've gotten some cool shots with the slider. I can easily seeing spending more money to get a motorized slider or one with a crank, that would really be nice. But for the money it's great, I take it on all my shoots.

Now I'm waiting for them to make a crane. :D
Bryan McCullough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2010, 07:47 AM   #41
Tourist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino Leitner View Post
Hi guys,

I've posted a new blog post reviewing my new knock-off T2i/550D battery grip. I'm very happy with it, check it out:

T2i / 550D knock-off battery grip review | Nino Film - Blog - Nino Leitner

Your comments are always greatly appreciated!

Nino

Hey Nino, I noticed that a week after you posted your review the grips on Amazon you linked to went from
79.99 to 116.99. I had one on my Wish List and when I switched it to my basket it updated the prices.
My guess is that someone is paying attention to your blog if they are changing the price by that much.
;)

BTW - I was looking at buying the GGS LCD shield for my T2i. Two weeks ago the price on Amazon was 16.99, now it's $10 more!
Obviously T2i accessories are hot right now and sellers are trying to get the most for them.
K. A. LaBarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2010, 08:26 AM   #42
Major Player

Prices still stable in the UK Meike grip has been £45 for a while now. Just checked..
James Donnelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2010, 09:22 AM   #43
Regular Crew

There are similar grips on ebay for $50 or less. I'm holding out for the LCD grip for the T2i with the intervalometer built in.
Aaron Dunlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 12:19 PM   #44
Major Player

Hey everyone, I've been looking into getting a matte box, follow focus and rails for my T2i. I'm looking for the cheapest and best solution :)

Any experience please post!
Terry Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 02:31 PM   #45
Trustee

DSLR Products | Jag35.com

wish these guys were around when I got all my stuff!
A friend bought a complete rig and is very happy with it. Looks very well made and a LOT less money than the other manufacturers.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon EOS Crop Sensor for HD