Hyperdeck Shuttle - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > BlackMagic Design HyperDeck Shuttle
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old January 23rd, 2013, 04:17 PM   #31
New Boot

Re: Hyperdeck Shuttle

Good read this thread.

Thought I would add my rig image.

Pete

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q25m6atu11...DSC_0292ED.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gj5sittidm...DSC_0279ED.jpg
Peter Kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2013, 01:39 PM   #32
Inner Circle

Very niiiice, Peter. Somewhere in there is a camera, right?
Gints Klimanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2013, 02:33 PM   #33
New Boot

Allegedly!

It's a Panasonic AG AF102 (Not sure what the difference is from a 101)

It's now been joined by a Shuttle side mounted and a rear V-Lock battery and pinch plate... lol
Peter Kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2013, 06:04 PM   #34
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Kapp View Post
Hi Alex and sorry for the slow reply.
The picture from a JVC GYHM750 was quite noisy even from the HDSDI output.
There was not a great advantage over HDV.

I had the HD-111.
Once you converted 720p analogue to compressed 10bit digital I would imagine it would have a very noisy picture.
It may be better to stick with HDV.
Paul,

I'm even slower! Hmmm I see on my JVC HD110 the live component footage is a lot cleaner than the post HDV compression. I"m gambling on a test with Blackmagic shuttle pro via thunderbolted to a laptop perhaps to capture the 4.2.2 and be better for post work than the HDV. I was hoping you would be raving how much better your experience was, but it doesn't sound like it. If I wanted to use the Hyperdeck I guess I would need a component to HDMI converter or a more expensive Component to HD-SDI converter, and I doubt it would be worth it. On your testing where you speaking of the quality difference between 4.2.2 SDI vs XDCAM-EX format or HDV? In my HDV rolling from medium grey to black can be very choppy reminding me of old 8bit video game shading. Was your XDCAM-EX or SDI Hypserdeck live capture better in shadows vs HDV?
Alex Humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2013, 04:17 PM   #35
Major Player

Hi.. can somebody here tell me how to read MXF DnXHd files from Hyperdeck Shuttle on Premiere on Mac?
I installe Avid Codecs but still can't get it to work. On the net somebodysays that Hyperdeck's DnXHD is not really standard dnXHD (allthough on Avid software should be ok.. I don't have it).
Any ideas?
Marcello Mazzilli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2013, 08:50 AM   #36
Contributor

Hi Marcelli - the MXF wrapper for DNxHD is OP ATOM1 from memory - it is designed to go straight into the Avid MediaFiles dir and be read natively by Avid bypassing the QT handler (a good thing) - The avid QT codecs are for DNxHD.mov files.
I don't know if any version of Premiere supports Avids MXF format. I'll test tomorrow
John Mitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2013, 08:59 AM   #37
Trustee

Hey Marcello, I mistakenly recorded to .MXF instead of .MOV the first time I used my Hyperdeck too. My solution was to use the free version of DaVinci Resolve Lite to transcode the files to .MOV

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > External Video Recording Solutions > BlackMagic Design HyperDeck Shuttle