The Shiner Thread - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Old December 17th, 2007, 08:37 PM   #31
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorinda Norton View Post
My folks and brother took a side trip just for me while in San Marcos and San Antonio last week and visited the brewery in Shiner. They were so impressed—Mom said they give four good-sized samples of beer rather than the dinky ones the big breweries hand out. I think those samples may be what prompted her to purchase these and sneak them onto my Christmas tree while I was gone…

Thanks so much, Chris and Jeff, for all the help. I believe they visited every single place you mentioned, plus some other stops that made it a great trip for them!
Great! Glad your folks enjoyed their visit and happy to see that they made the detour over to the city of Shiner. Thanks a bunch for the holiday photo! I haven't seen the Shiner ornaments before, so thanks a bunch for sharing that picture with us! Cheers,
Attached Images

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2008, 12:54 PM   #32
Regular Crew

Shiner Black, is all you need
Jack Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 09:31 AM   #33
Wrangler

Sifting through some pictures last night I ran across these that my dad took of my mom in Shiner, TX. She’s not really a drinker, but was quite taken with the brewery. One pic is of her going in; the next one shows her holding one of the several samples she was given inside. She’s a Shiner fan now. :)

Love that van.
Attached Thumbnails
The Shiner Thread-e-signature.jpg   The Shiner Thread-e-signature-001.jpg  

Old June 5th, 2008, 10:30 AM   #34
Obstreperous Rex

Great photos Lorinda! Thanks for sharing these, but I'm not sure how my van wound up in that shot...

Chris Hurd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 11:30 AM   #35
Major Player

Never tried Shiner but I'm going to miss Alaskan Amber when I leave the state.

I'm considering moving to the Czech Republic so I thought I would czech out the beer--Pilsner Urquell is very good. Kinda like American beer but with flavor.

Kokanee in the US is swill. I had some in Jasper and I remember it being good but the stuff here is yucky.

There used to be a night club here in Anchorage that had a Budweiser tax--it was more expensive than the craft beers.
Old June 5th, 2008, 01:47 PM   #36
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
Best two beers I've ever tasted were Antarctica (from Brazil) and Bitburger Pilz (from Germany) during my travels shooting docs.
Old September 20th, 2008, 04:38 PM   #37
Wrangler

Hey Shiner Guys,

Can't get Shiner in Idaho or even the neighboring state anymore! I'm in Missouri right now--leaving tomorrow morning. Found me some Shiner Bock and am trying to get one of my friends to haul it home (I'm flying).

My question: Is it okay if Shiner gets warm? I've always been told not to let this precious stuff get warm but my pals tell me it'll be fine. I'm looking at 3-4 cases here so room is a problem or I'd buy some coolers and ice it down.
Old September 20th, 2008, 04:47 PM   #38
Inner Circle

Yeah, it should be fine if by 'getting warm' you mean sitting around in the room. Try not to leave it baking in a hot garage for a month .... well, maybe I'd still drink it - but you probably wouldn't!
Richard Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2008, 01:52 PM   #39
Wrangler

Thanks. My pals were trying to tell me it would be fine but I wanted to make sure. It'll be heading to the Northwest in the back of a pickup so should be fine if they don't drink it all when they stop for the nights... :)
Old September 21st, 2008, 02:42 PM   #40
Wrangler

Was just looking on their website, and it appears their territory is growing! They now show distribution of Bock, Blonde, Black and Hefeweizen in Pennsylvania... and say it is coming soon to New Jersey. Time to stock up!

Funny Lorinda, the same page shows that Bock is available in Idaho and the only neighboring state without it is Oregon.

BTW, I really don't like their new website. Not so easy to find useful info, and it's annoying to wait while it loads animations for every page.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2008, 05:05 PM   #41
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyd Ostroff View Post
Funny Lorinda, the same page shows that Bock is available in Idaho and the only neighboring state without it is Oregon.
Hey Boyd,
Yeah, I know. I think that's called adding insult to injury. ;)

I'm stuck at Springfield airport AGAIN, probably going to have to spend the night in Denver AGAIN. (Same thing happened to me last year.) I sure could use one of those Shiner's right now...

I bought up all the Bock they had at the Jubilee Store in Branson so I filled up a box with a pack of Shiner Blonde. I'm really looking forward to trying it, too.
Old September 21st, 2008, 08:34 PM   #42
Wrangler

In the past I have "imported" Shiner Bock and Hefeweizen from Maryland. But hopefully now I'll be able to get it in Philadelphia :-)

Air travel is hell...
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2008, 04:09 PM   #43
Outer Circle

Still no Shiner here.

Even though Whistler Lager was rated #1 in Canada I hated it; and so it's been Stella for me when I want a beer. Stella bought out Bud, by the way.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2009, 08:45 PM   #44
Wrangler

Got my son to bring some beer from Washington last week. So I'm taking some advice given me by O. Rex and doing a little photo journaling and what do I see? Shiner Beer is 100 years old! Happy Anniversary, Shiner!
Attached Thumbnails
The Shiner Thread-dsc00823.jpg  
Old July 17th, 2009, 09:44 PM   #45
Obstreperous Rex

I'm digging the new packaging as well. Looks pretty good in your hand there. Heh.
Attached Thumbnails
The Shiner Thread-shinermesquite.jpg  

Chris Hurd is online now   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51