dog protection when recording? - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Area 51
We can neither confirm nor deny its existence.

Old November 3rd, 2005, 06:25 AM   #61
Outer Circle

some dogs bite hard

It's not dead yet because it's a wonderful thread.
Frank Granovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2005, 05:44 AM   #62
Regular Crew

hii

I've been trying to strap my camera to my german sheperd to see if I could get any usable footage when he's at a full gallop. (no real luck yet)
I think it would be a neat idea to have him attack someone on a "Run&Gun" video shoot. I mean, he's just a big puppy, but he does bark alot and he'll want to put his muddy paws on your shirt...
jimi
Jimi Colteryahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2005, 08:46 AM   #63
Trustee

that's an interesting angle jim. but i suppose the more secure the strapping is, the more inhumane it'll be for the dog =). also, wouldn't you need a small cam like the panny dv100a? i can't imagine any of the canon xl series on top of a dog.
Old November 4th, 2005, 11:06 AM   #64
Regular Crew

My PV-GS250 camera weighs one pound, and i had it strapped to what looks like rod framed backpack.(used to be a toy heli mount) It rests on his back right over his front legs.
The thing is, he starts prancing with it on. (i cant describe the fancy footwork he does, but it looks kinda like them show horses, but faster.)

My dog cam mount is now being fitted to work on my friend's RC car,(the whole thing will be disguised as a cat or rabbit complete with twitching tail) which in turn will be chased by dogs...
Jimi
Jimi Colteryahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2005, 12:10 PM   #65
Major Player

Product Announcement

I'm thinking of commercializing this idea. Counterbalanced articulated camera mount adapted to a dog torso. Announcing the SteadiBoy! (TM) . . .

Low-angle attachment (the DownBoy!) would be for when Fido goes after squirrels, neighborhood kids or the odd autumn leaf.

Also in the works: A special spring-loaded on-camera mic-mount telescopic arm (the GoBoy!) with an alligator clip at the end. Hang a cube of steak or a photo of [insert mailman/politician/videographer here] at the end, as a goad.

Camo vests.

All metal parts powder-coated in dark, glistening brown.

Possible Acme Retrorocket JetPack, ala a certain coyote.

Orders are to be left (carefully) on my front porch, with my executive assistant, Cerberus, who is drooling & twitching in his sleep at the moment.

Last edited by John Sandel; November 4th, 2005 at 01:02 PM.
John Sandel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > Area 51