Homemade 35mm Adapter - Page 23 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old December 14th, 2003, 01:44 AM   #331
Major Player

Agus,

What brand of CDs are you buying that have this "already grounded glass?" The two I have are clear, so I must frost them myself (man I hope I don't screw both up!). As for the support, I am hoping to get some long rectangular aluminum brackets that create a mount to both my camera and box (I plan to use lots of washers). We'll see what old Lowe's (a hardware store here in Texas) comes up with! The more the better...keep posting everyone!!!!

Clay
Old December 14th, 2003, 01:50 AM   #332
Regular Crew

and also, can you post pics of how your metal mounts with go on your camera?
Danny Tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2003, 10:52 AM   #333
Major Player

By "haze" I mean that the image has some crisp details that are obscured as if they're shot through a fog. I'm re-attempting my initial design today, using the Radio Shack motor instead. If increasing the disc's rotation doesn't help, I'll assume it's the ground glass that's causing my problem.

Agus -- what kind of motor are you using to spin your GG?
Old December 14th, 2003, 11:15 AM   #334
Regular Crew

I can tell you the best motor by far is one from a cd disc man
Peter Sciretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2003, 11:48 AM   #335
Major Player

Well, that remains to be seen. I've already used one, and it's certainly quiet and stable, but it may not rotate at a high enough rate.

More to the point -- I've seen a lot of Agus's footage, but little of everyone else's. So I'm inclined to use Agus's design as the best point of reference.
Old December 14th, 2003, 12:26 PM   #336
Major Player

400 !!! damn , i complained cause i used 600, use 1000 !!.. about the pics let me see what i can do.
Agus Casse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2003, 01:27 PM   #337
Regular Crew

i went to home depot and the highest they had was 400!! let me know where you can find 1000 grit online
Old December 14th, 2003, 02:07 PM   #338
Regular Crew

DOF, lenses, etc...

I really want to build an Agus35 but before I do I want to get my info right, so please bear with me on this one.

Does the .7x wide angle converter (Century Optics) or the Achromatic Diopters (Century Optics) create depth of field to be used with the Agus35?

I'm not to keen about the physics of light and the lenses you guys are using. What lenses do you guys recommend to a novice like myself who doesn't know much about SLR lenses?

I want to do some close up work, like with the achromatic diopter mentioned above. What lenses would you guys recommend?

Is a eBay a good source to find these things? What about Ritz, or B&H Photo Video, etc.?

The interchangeability of lenses have been adressed before and I wanted to know all lenses were compatible with the F to C mount adapter mentioned in a post earlier. Thanks for your guys' help!! :]
Randy Reyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2003, 02:13 PM   #339
Regular Crew

i found some 1500 grit online. should i get that?
Old December 14th, 2003, 02:16 PM   #340
New Boot

Really Fine Sandpaper

You can find "Sanding Films" where they sell plastic models. They are made by Testors and the finest is REALLY fine. I used the next finest to start with then used the finest to finish. I started my adapter last nite and I will post some pics as it progresses.

Tom
Tom Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2003, 02:19 PM   #341
Regular Crew

do you have a link to the product?
Old December 14th, 2003, 02:21 PM   #342
Major Player

Randy,

I had the same confusion with the wide angle adapters, but they are saying you need to get one that is wide angle and macro so that you can use the macro part, not the wide angle part. Go to ebay and type "wide angle macro ??mm", with the ?? being your thread size needed. That's where I got mine, and it was only $32. As for the SLR lens, get the best one you can. I would try to find a 50mm f1.8. The 50mm is the closest to what the eye sees. Remember, you want the best lens possible! Good Luck...

Clay
Old December 14th, 2003, 02:32 PM   #343
Regular Crew

if you had a 50mm slr lense then you would want a wide angle macro 50mm?
Old December 14th, 2003, 03:17 PM   #344
Regular Crew

nvm, i found a wide and macro lense where the front lense detaches and then it becomes a macro lense! perfect for this right? and also, i bought some fresnel lense. would that help the vigenetting and stuff if i put it between of the macro lense(connected to camera lense) ang the ground glass?
Old December 14th, 2003, 03:18 PM   #345
Major Player

Danny,

The macro is for the video camera. You don't need the wide angle part. Here:

Camera - macro - spinning cd - fresnel - SLR lens

That's the order. If you are confused about mm, look at your video camera lens and there will be a number (37 for mine) with a circle and a line through it next to the number. This is the thread size for filters, extensions, wide angle and macro lenses to be added to the video camera. Hope that helps...

Clay

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods