DSLR Audio Mount Help at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old February 22nd, 2014, 06:07 PM   #1
Tourist

DSLR Audio Mount Help

So I am in desperate need for help here. I currently shoot a mixture of a Sony AX2000 and a Sony A77, but am selling my AX2000 in hopes of buying a Sony A99 and switching completely over to filming with DSLRs. I want to do this because I love the video that DSLRs can produce and they are more in line with the type of work I do. Here's my situation: I am a professional outdoor videographer and film a lot of hunting shows and a lot of commercials for outdoor ranches. I also produce commercials for businesses and universities. Right now on my AX2000, I am using both a Rode NTG-1 Condenser Shotgun Microphone with a SM-5 Shock Mount and a Sennheiser EW112-PG3 Wireless Microphone. I really want to get the A99, but my fear is that I won't be able to get a sufficient dual audio setup like I have with my AX2000. I know you can get the Sony XLR adapter for the A99 which gives you true dual audio on the A99 DSLR, but from what I've seen on the internet, the adapter mount looks flimsy and all over the place because everybody mounts it to the side like picture five here:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/892383-REG/Sony_xlr_k1m_XLR_Adapter_Microphone_Kit.html
I feel that there has to be a way to get the both the wireless mic and the shotgun mic above the camera, or close to it somehow, even if that means attaching it to the side. I want everything to fit close and tight and it needs to be sturdy since I am often in the woods. Having both channels is crucial because I need to pick up whispers from the hunters with the wireless and ambient with the shotgun. What kind up mount/cage/setup do I need in order to have two channels of audio and have them mounted tight and sturdy on my camera? I feel that if I can't figure this out, then maybe I cannot get the A99, which would be a shame. That's how crucial this is for me. I am open for looking at any suggestions, so any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!
Joshua Milligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2014, 09:39 AM   #2
Trustee

Re: DSLR Audio Mount Help

Zacuto Zwiss-cage DSLR Cage: Zwiss Cage | Zacuto USA
Manfrotto Fig-Rig Fig Rig 595B - Fig Rig | Manfrotto
and similar assemblies, both commercial and DIY
Richard Crowley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio