AT831R Lav and H4N? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old January 29th, 2013, 02:48 PM   #16
Trustee

Re: AT831R Lav and H4N?

Thanks Jay, that's good to know. I've used a toothpick to move the switch so it doesn't mar the finish and it works fine this way.

Seems like it rains it pours. Here I've gone forever without a lavalier mic and now, within one day, I have TWO of 'em. The latest is an old, nay,... antique, RCA wireless mic system that works on 49.890 MHz. It hails from 1984 and that's almost 30 years ago. Model: WM 002

I've spent about an hour trying to find out if this is a legal frequency to no avail. Finally sent an email to the US FCC with the question. Apparently this frequency is used for home baby monitors and phones so maybe it will be okay. I can just see using it on a video then picking up a crying baby on the audio!!!

The good part is it didn't cost anything. The bad part is, if the frequency isn't any good it'll cost me just to get rid of it. Maybe this could have been used by MacFly in "Back to the Future"?
Attached Thumbnails
AT831R Lav and H4N?-100_9922.jpg  
John Nantz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio