Beyer M69TG at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old September 7th, 2012, 07:09 PM   #1
Trustee

Beyer M69TG

Has anybody had any experience with this mic? It's a dynamic hypercardioid. I've just been offered a pair of them, but I've never used one and have no idea about its best uses or reputation.

I see them mentioned (by vendors, and in other random search hits) as music reinforcement mics, and sometimes as vocal mics (I'd think the pattern would indicate proximity effect). But never any mention of using them for good quality recording mics.

Do they have any place in the world of recording? Comments from anyone who has used this mic would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited by Greg Miller; September 7th, 2012 at 09:23 PM.
Greg Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2012, 04:46 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: Beyer M69TG

I used to have one of them.. long ago. As I can recall it was similar to an SM58 .. response and sensitivity. A decent 'live' performance mic, but not suitable for boom/interviews and such.
Keywords: as I recall.
Rick Reineke is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio