What ot upgrade Sennheiser ME66 to? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old March 21st, 2011, 02:25 AM   #1
Regular Crew

What ot upgrade Sennheiser ME66 to?

Hi,

I have been using a Sennheiser ME66 for over 10 years. Recently I go to do a side by side comparison of a 416 and what really impressed me was as it has a tighter field you don't get so much echo when recording inside so you get a less boomy sound.

Thing is its a bit beyond my price range and I have heard very good things about the Rode NTG-3,would this be a worthwhile upgrade.

I generally use the mic for interviews, either mounted on the camera or with someone holding it with a pistol grip and Rycote Softie (I have thought of getting a blimp but I have never had wind noise problems whti this setup).

So is the NTG-3 the best option or are there others I should consider. If there are other microphones I should consider it would be good to have an house of sound quality and how tight the field it.

Currently I have a phantom power and battery back-end for the ME66. The phantom power is essential and the battery operation a nice to have.

Regards,
Ben

--
Ben Edwards - Freelance Filmmaker
Freelance Filmmaker Video Editor Camera Bristol
Ben Edwards is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio