Not sure about the ew100 G2 settings for the EX3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old November 1st, 2009, 01:29 PM   #1
Trustee

Sound level drops when using Senn ew100 G2

I have the EX3 and Senn K6/ME64 combo. I also have the Sennheiser ew100 G2 radio mic with the MKE 2-ew
I have the K6/ME64 plugged into channel 1 and ew100 into channel 2.

Could someone please tell me if this is correct?.
In normal recording I have the K6/ME64 recording into Channel 1, camera set to external, mic+48 and the cameras built in mic recording into channel 2, camera set to internal.
I just think, if theres a fault with one sound input, I have the other as a backup.
(perhaps this is wrong)
On the Edius timeline I then select the better sound channel, which is K6/ME64.
This seams to work OK for me.

I then sometimes use the ew100 G2 mic recording for the wedding vows for instance.
So what I do is, just flick the channel 2 setting from internal to external, set to Mic (under XLR input) and it then picks up my radio mic.

Is this correct or is there a better way.

Reason why I'm asking is, when my K6/ME64 is recording the sound into channel 1 and if the radio mic picks up a sound, say a groom speaking, the recorded sound level from the K6/ME64 drops.
I didn't think this should happen. So thats what makes me think I've a setting wrong somewhere, either in the camera or the radio mic.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Anthony McErlean; November 1st, 2009 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Update to post.
Anthony McErlean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2009, 07:27 AM   #2
Trustee

I must have changed a setting in the ew100 G2 radio mic, this was causing the problem. I've reset transmitter and receiver and it appears to have fixed it.
Anthony McErlean is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio