Rode Blimp. Do you REALLY need to open up to switch off Mic? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

All Things Audio
Everything Audio, from acquisition to postproduction.

Old April 2nd, 2009, 03:00 PM   #16
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by David W. Jones View Post
I'm sorry, but if spending 12 seconds to open and close a blimp to power up/down you mic is too inconvenient for you, you might consider changing fields.
Don't apologise, my dear boy, it is something I consider every time I attempt to tie my shoelaces. Seesh now is THAT difficult! But I'll take your advise in the well-meaning way it was presented. Awfully kind. Actually, I am always willing to learn new ways of doing things? And one of the ways I do this is to ask questions - lots of them.

Now, John W, I don't have Phantom power, and I already own the Rode Blimp. Marvellous it is too. So next time huh?

Mike, it really does take me a good 2 minutes to slip back the fur, twist of the rear and get to the switch and slip the furry back on. It is more of wanting to know IF I am missing out on some simpler solution.

Thanks to all for their feedback.

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2009, 03:22 PM   #17
Trustee

In all fairness, even if it does take you 2 minutes each way, that's only 4 min total out of your entire shoot. I guess I don't understand what the fuss is?

Most pros breakdown and case their gear after each shoot anyway.
David W. Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2009, 03:48 PM   #18
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by David W. Jones View Post
I guess I don't understand what the fuss is?
. . and neither do I. I just wanted to know IF I was missing a "trick". And your last has reassured me - thanks!

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The Tools of DV and HD Production > All Things Audio