25p support? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old February 16th, 2007, 10:35 AM   #1
New Boot

25p support?

Hi, I use premiere pro 2 and have some problems with it:

1- I shot on a panasonic dvx-100, 25 frames progressive. But premiere doesn't have a 25p option in the new project winndow?

2-I captured the video on a 25 pal dv (interlaced) and 4X3 project (because the dvx-100's letterbox mode records a video of square pixel aspect ratio) It looks ok on premiere, but when I play with the avi file with media player the image looks deformed...

3-Vegas 7 has 25p support, but I am not familiar with it, is Vegas the only way?
Baris Hanci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2007, 05:17 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Premiere Pro 2 has indeed a 25p timeline

Hi!

Open "File/New Project/Custom Sttings/General/Editing Mode:Desktp"
In "Fields" now u can choose "No Fields(Progressive Scan)"
"Pixel Aspect Ratio: Square Pixels (1.0)"
"Timebase: 25,00"
Hernan Vilchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2007, 07:43 AM   #3
New Boot

should I capture it again?

Thank you very much Hernan,
I had captured the video in a 25 pal (interlaced) project. Now should I capture it again in a 25p project?
Old February 18th, 2007, 07:46 AM   #4
New Boot

one last thing that confuses me

And If I have to capture the video again should I use the panasonic dvx-100 for it, or any other cam will be ok? (i.e. a sony vx-2100?)
Old February 18th, 2007, 08:47 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Baris, you should create a new progressive project as i told u. Then you import the interlaced project (.prproj file) into the new progressive project bin.

To be shure everything looks fine, connect your dvx100 through firewire to the PC and a TV through the camera´s composite output, play the clips imported in the timeline. If they look ok in the TV, well.... all is ok!

And dont forget to export your final project as progressive (export movie/settings/keyframe and rendering/fields: Nofields).

Please tell me if things have worked out to you... good luck!

Hernan
Hernan Vilchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2007, 05:08 AM   #6
Regular Crew

hi there, i just made a thread about this... the solution works but now every clip needs to be rendered on the timeline, is there a work around for this?

and if not could someone tell me the best (fastest) video render settings to use?

thanks

Stick
Stick Tully is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite