Adobe Premiere & Premiere Pro discussions from 2006 - Page 27 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Adobe Creative Suite
All about the world of Adobe Premiere and its associated plug-ins.

Old September 13th, 2006, 04:10 PM   #391
Trustee

I've solved the "Adobe Premiere Pro failed to return a video frame. Cancelling the operation." by using an apect ratio and res that it can handle. For example, I would get the error when trying to export odd resolutions (360x240). I doubt this helps but at least your are not alone, lol
Old September 14th, 2006, 05:59 PM   #392
Regular Crew

small black bars

i am having a problem with premiere. I am currently using version 6 (i also have pro but just needed to do some quick cuts) and there seems to be a very small black bar on each side of the frame when i export.
They're not huge pillar style bars, just tiny almost unnoticable bars.
it is annoying me to my limit and i cant figure out how to fix it.
does anyone have any experience with this?
my fury is building! thanks!
Jason Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2006, 11:58 PM   #393
Major Player

What is you computer conf? I have experienced similar problems with Athlon XP 3000, Soltek Mainboard and 1 GB of RAM. Can be RAM issue.

Try closing premiere, opening it again and rendering from the start - this might free some memory.
Bart Walczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2006, 05:55 AM   #394
Wrangler

Hi jason,

This is just the way vidoe is!

What you are probably seeing is the blanking area. When viewed on a normal tv you will not see it.

To get rid of it you need to apply the crop tool from the effects menu, and slightly adjust the settings, then re-render and export.

Cheers,

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Ed Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2006, 11:36 AM   #395
New Boot

Loading Problem in Preimiere Pro

Hi everyone,

I am in trouble, help!

I have a photomontage of 500 pictures due by tonight, of which I am almost finished with it. As I was working in a sequences, it froze. It does that once in a while, all I have to do is reboot. This time when I opened the project again it did not want to load. The little window where it shows the progress of loading, it just sits there towards the end of it. I have already rebooted a couple times and keeps on doing the same thing, "What can possibly be wrong"? Is the file corruped now and have lost all my work?

Help!!!

Severo
Severo Contreras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2006, 03:46 PM   #396
Major Player

Video card to use with Premiere?

I want to drive my 2 flat panel displays but have Premiere output broadcast video to a 3rd monitor (a calibrated NTSC broadcast display). What video cards are available to facilitate this?

Thanks!
Old September 15th, 2006, 10:37 PM   #397
Major Player

I do heart my Matrox Parhelia APV-E :-)
Wade Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2006, 04:22 AM   #398
Major Player

ati & nvidia both are ok. I think, they haven't manufactured model which can't meet so low requirements for years. Just avoid S3. I have it in my laptop. So i have to disable all hardware accellerations to work with AP without seeing blue wallpapers.
Frank Hool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2006, 01:11 PM   #399
Major Player

Jerkiness and PPro 2 - strange

Hi Guys(and gals) - Sorry for bringing this up again, but I do really hate stuff that I don't understand.

I've been running Vegas and Premiere since 2001 - So I have some experience. Today I have an AMD XP2 64 4600+ machine with 4gb memory, sata2 drives, Geforce 7800 GT gfx card and a low latency ASIO Sound blaster card - a rather nice and powerful computer(paired with a 24" LCD). It runs a freshly installed Win XP SP2 with all updates and latest drivers.

Still I get jerkiness when playing back clips in PPro 2.0. It doesn't matter if I have any effects or transitions going on. When I re-start PPro the next time it is as fluid as ever...until the next time it "jerks up". Vegas never ever does this, it works 100% all the time. Same for After Effects. Only PPro, I have experienced this more or less since Premiere 6.5(changing computers 3-4 times until now).

So what bothers me are:

1. Not being able to pinpoint the culprit
2. It is intermittent
3. I've seen it more or less since Premiere 6.5 using different computers/camcorders(today I have a Canon XM2 PAL)

I start all projects using the PAL template. When I play a clip in reverse(using the J key) - it is always fluid - and the when I play using the "L" key it jerks(sometimes).

The only clues I have are:

1. I have always had Nvidia based GFX cards - may there be some problems there? My card is on the Adobe OK list

2. It "feels" like an interlace related problem - but then, why only sometimes? If I play the same clip 10 times, restarting PPro 2 between every play - It will jerk and behave strange maybe 2 times.

To avoid problems I always close all other apps than PPro and I also unplug USB/Firewire devices.

I always capture using Scenalyzer, could this be a prob?

All ideas and thoughts are mostly welcome!

// Lazze \\
Old September 16th, 2006, 02:50 PM   #400
Major Player

I have a Radion X850 now. It has 2 DV outs and an S-video out. Can I use the S-video out for the NTSC monitor? If so, how will Premiere know that it is supposed to use the S-video output for final image review?
Old September 16th, 2006, 11:05 PM   #401
Regular Crew

embedded timecode question

We accidently deleted the imported video files so the premiere project shows media offline. My friend said that the digital video has an embedded timecode so it doesn't matter where the tape is when you put it in the camera it won't start at 00:00:00 it will start wherever it left off. That gave me hope that it would be possible to reimport the video and somehow have Premiere relink it. Shouldn't premiere know the embedded timecode of the imported footage and be able to match up with that?
Jonathan Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2006, 05:32 AM   #402
Wrangler

Hi Lars,

Just a few things.

1) When you capture with Scenalyzer what format are you capturing to. what about if you capture within premiere? Do you get the same probs?

2) There might not be enough data thru-put to the drives. how are your SATA2 disks arranged? Another good idea would be to find a freeware program that tells you the read and write speed of your drives (bench marking), this will tell you if the drives are fast enough to cope.

3) All though you might have closed all your apps, they might still be running. i.e. if you have an anti virus program make sure that it is disabled, if you are using google desktop it still could be using resources etc.

4) Open up task manager and see what the performance of the CPU is like when you are editing. If you set task manager to always be on top, if you place it in a corner of the screen, so that when the video begins to jerk you can see if you get any spikes in the graph.

5) Play back the clips in windows media player 5 times and see if they 'jerk'.

Just a few thoughts,

Good things come to those who wait

My Skiing web www.Frostytour.co.uk

For quick answers Search dvinfo.net | The best in the business: dvinfo.net Sponsors
Ed Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2006, 08:09 AM   #403
Major Player

I'm pretty sure it's not vga card problem, sometimes i run ap with very poor vga(except S3). If it follows You whatever hardware You're using then it should be related someway to Your habbits: Screenalyzer(as said yourself), antivirus(as said Ed), codecs...etc. Btw what contains the list currently runs in Your PC?
Frank Hool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2006, 10:49 AM   #404
Major Player

Thanks for your input!

This time PPro behaves rather well :-) I can even have it running in the background for several hours and the activate it again without it "doing stuff" for 4-5 minutes.

I'll keep close tabs on what else I install - and see if there are some software that premiere pro really doesn't like. I am a professional software developer - so I have some "strange" SW on my pooter!

Happy editing!

//Lazze
Lars Siden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2006, 12:52 PM   #405
Major Player

Problem with recording voiceover

I have a small problem in recording voiceovers in Prempro 1.5. I have done the setup and I get the voice as I'm speaking and it is recording to the target track no problem there. However it's doing a double recording and building in volume ontop of itself. If I stop speaking it continues playing and records what I recorded on top of itself. If I would let it continue the volume would build to infinity. I hope I'm explaining it correctly. I'm fairly sure I havn't set something correctly. I'm not sure what at this point. It seems like there's a doulbe feed coming in. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Harry
Harry Lender is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Adobe Creative Suite