My first 3D video at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery
Discuss 3D (stereoscopic video) acquisition, post and delivery.

Old March 30th, 2008, 08:43 AM   #1
New Boot

My first 3D video

Hello,
I made my first video in 3D

the link for the 3d video is:
http://dr-3dcameraco.com/Videos-Memb...a-Viana-3D.avi

more info:
http://www.davidrubio3d.com/view_top...m_id=62&page=1

See the 3d video and say something.

Marco Neiva.
Marco Neiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 11:56 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Simply Stunning. I've probably seen every piece of footage posted on this entire forum from all sorts of cameras, and this BY FAR takes the cake... and it's only with miniDV cams! Just as I had suggested before, when using two lenses the shortcomings of each lens offset each other and the perceived detail is doubled in addition to being 3D! I watched the video with the eye-cross trick without a problem, and the result is the very perception of realism. I can't wait to do this with 1080p footage using HV30's. Anyone that is able to see this can easily realize there's no doubt this is the future. Thanks so much for sharing!
Mike Thomann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2008, 12:12 PM   #3
Regular Crew

...there were some additional things I noticed that I hadn't expected as well; when compared to the individual channels, the combined 3D image also has much more vivid color, and much more dynamic range with darks perceived as much darker, and the noise in the darks is completely indistinguishable. I can't get over that dynamic range though! It's just like that photography practice where multiple shots of the same scene are overlaid to increase dynamic range. And instead of being a nuisance, the light glares are absolutely incredible!
Old April 10th, 2008, 02:26 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Just noticed another benefit... the fine detail aliasing within the individual channels seems to be eliminated when combined to form the 3D image.
Old April 10th, 2008, 03:22 PM   #5
Regular Crew

One more observation... Not even singles frames are static. Just as when looking at real scenes with our own eyes, when you look at objects in the foreground, the background double-ghosts and when looking at the background, the foreground double-ghosts, and the same when looking at any object at any depth in between. So with very wide depth-of-field shots like with the HV30, scenes with overwhelming imagery can be produced, while narrower depth-of-field shots with an isolated focal depth like with a 35mm adapter could produce amazing selective control of imagery.
Old April 30th, 2008, 10:53 AM   #6
Major Player

I really liked that.
Eric Stemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2008, 08:47 AM   #7
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Thomann View Post
Thanks so much for sharing!
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Stemen View Post
I really liked that.
thanks!

in the future, i put new videos.
Marco Neiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2008, 05:14 PM   #8
Regular Crew

That was really good!
One thing I noticed, is that there was a large error in the registration of the two images vertically. The two frames were not at the same height (obviously the right camera was shooting slightly higher). This can cause eye strain and also can reduce very much the 3D perception, especially in difficult scenes. I suggest you to always correct this in post until the offset is zero. Other than this, the footage was very good!
Ken Johnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 12:46 AM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Johnes View Post
That was really good!
One thing I noticed, is that there was a large error in the registration of the two images vertically.
i also recommend to adjust the stereo window properly.
just pop out object from the screen, what doesnt reach the edge of the picture. every other object must be BEHIND the screen!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > 3D Stereoscopic Production & Delivery