DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Private Classifieds (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/private-classifieds/)
-   -   Private Classifieds listings from 2005 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/private-classifieds/22441-private-classifieds-listings-2005-a.html)

Chris Hurd August 18th, 2005 12:05 PM

For Frank Azzar, please fill out the "location" field in your user profile.

Use the Controls link, top left corner of page.

David Yuen August 18th, 2005 12:22 PM

Long Island, New York

A reverse telephone lookup shows Frank to be from North Massapequa, NY, which is in Nassau County, Long Island.

Seeing that this is Frank's first post, a Google search turned Frank up here:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=re...IMXu4AGmncz5DQ

Search on his name.

Jason J. Gullickson August 18th, 2005 12:59 PM

WTB: Prop 16mm Camera

I'm looking for a 16mm movie camera to use as a prop in a feature we are shooting next summer. It doesn't have to work, but it has to be cheap :)

Any suggestions on where to find something like this? I'm not picky, ideally it would look like something a film student would use but that's not critical.

Richard Alvarez August 18th, 2005 01:25 PM

Ebay of course, has some stuff. Catch as catch can. Sometimes broken cams come up for sale for parts.

It has to 'look like' a 16mm camera you say. What does that mean? Film students shoot with lots of different cameras. Bolex, of course comes to mind. But also the old Filmo's. Are you looking for something that specifically has a 'magazine' attached to it?

You can find some super 8 cams that look pretty good. They won't have a magazine on top (unless you get one of the few who took the large mags).

Here's a filmo
http://cgi.ebay.com/BELL-HOWELL-FILM...QQcmdZViewItem

Mike Teutsch August 18th, 2005 01:27 PM

Jason,

You did not say how old it could be, but check these out. They are pretty cheap.

Ebay #s 7539496192, 7539104192, 7538627332

Mike

Guest August 18th, 2005 01:47 PM

Century Optics Matte Box & FU 500

4X4 complete kit ($1,100.00 at B&H) with rails, filter trays and mounting hadware for XL, PD, etc., plus tripod adapter (retails for $75 more)... all for $750.00

I also have an extra Canon FU 500 EVF (I use the FU 1000). I'm not sure what that's worth (it's in pristine shape), but I'll make a fair deal.

Steve Nunez August 18th, 2005 03:17 PM

Allen- still have it? Send photos and details- how many hours on the heads- any issues?

Bill Keen August 18th, 2005 07:51 PM

Sony batteries are now sold.

Still Available

A) DVC80

B) Satchler 75 on cam light

C) Switronix V-Mount battery package

. . . . . . . . . . .

lowered package price:

All of the above (A, B & C) for $2200 including shipping

or

A & B for $1,925 including shipping

::

Paul Carlberg August 18th, 2005 08:06 PM

Is manufacturer warranty transferable on used equip?

Being completely new to DV and this forum I have gazed over the classifieds with much temptation but my spouse would kill me if I purchased anything that either wasn't new or didn't have some type of transferable warranty.

Many apologizes if this topic has been beaten to death on previous post but my search turned up sporadic results. Thanks!

Boyd Ostroff August 18th, 2005 08:13 PM

The only way to answer that question is to read the warranty. Some may be transferable, others are not. For example, an Applecare warranty on a used computer is not transferable.

Britt Pena August 18th, 2005 08:29 PM

Hoping someone has a nice GL2 or GL1 for sale soon. Must be one out there.
Thanks

Chris Hour August 18th, 2005 08:59 PM

Hi,

I purchased one recently from a fellow who originally listed it on ebay, he may still have a couple left. Mine is in great shape with only 112 hours on it.

Please contact me @ 2020av@canoemail.com if you would like his email.

Chris

Guest August 18th, 2005 09:07 PM

Poof... the matte box is gone

Wow. That was fast.

I still have the FU 500 EVF; but there have been a couple of inquiries. I've been quoting $275.00 for it.

Mike Teutsch August 18th, 2005 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Newcomb
Wow. That was fast.

I still have the FU 500 EVF; but there have been a couple of inquiries. I've been quoting $275.00 for it.

I give you $250.00 and you pay for shipping. Paypal or what ever you want!

Thanks---Mike

Machineit@bellsouth.com

Jason J. Gullickson August 18th, 2005 10:00 PM

Thanks for the leads guys.

I've never shot 16mm nor been a film student so what I'm looking for is a camera that someone in the audience would look at and say "yeah that makes sense that a guy like that would shoot a film with that camera" and not say "there is no way that guy would use that camera for this!"

So I think any of these cameras would work. I thought about using a Super8 but my character is a film-school-type-guy shooting a non-home-movie film so I didn't think I could get away with a Super8 cam...I think I had a bolex in mind but the non-working Filmo for $5.00 would fit the bill nicely...

Chris Hurd August 18th, 2005 10:44 PM

In my opinion, the most ubiquitous 16mm camera ever made was the Cinema Products CP-16. Get one of those with a magazine on top and there's no mistaking it.

Daryl Wizinsky August 18th, 2005 11:59 PM

Is this thing still for sale..If so can someone call me 313-587-9680

Or email me at dwizinsky2000@comcast.net

Jason Chang August 19th, 2005 02:59 AM

Price

How much do you want for it?

Bob Costa August 19th, 2005 04:55 AM

Most mfr warranties are only 90 days on likely problems. But smart buyers (like me LOL) add a 4-year warranty that is almost always transferable. I buy one just to increase saleability of any used equipment. Mack is #1 company offering these.

Bob Costa August 19th, 2005 05:15 AM

WTB Bogen 501 cheap, damaged okay.

I am looking for a Bogen 501 head for my monopod, so I get quick release compatable with my 503 tripod and also tilt control. But I do not care at all about panning, so the fluid head part could be completely messed up (as long as it locks down) and I wouldn't care. I am hoping to find someone with a broken or damaged one that will sell it cheap. Please check your closets!!!

Jason J. Gullickson August 19th, 2005 06:10 AM

Chris, that camera would be perfect, but from what I could find they are out of our price range (unless some unexpected financing comes through...)

If you run across a broken one at a garage sale let me know :)

Don Bloom August 19th, 2005 06:18 AM

why not just get a Bogen #577 from B&H for about $50 and save yourself the headache?

Don

Bob Costa August 19th, 2005 06:25 AM

Because I want to be able to set the tilt angle.

Guest August 19th, 2005 08:38 AM

Both Gone Now

Thangyew. Thangyevurymuch.

Frank Peterson August 19th, 2005 09:10 AM

FS: PD170 & Bogen/Manfrotto 525MVB/503 Tripod

Hello,

I have a PD170 that is about a year old(originally bought 10/04) that I purchased used about 2 months ago. I have since used it twice for a total of about 3 hours. Prior to my owning it, it had 40 hours tape run, and 70 hours drum run

This is a complete PD170 kit that includes the Wide Angle Conversion lens, the remote control, std battery, all cables, as well as one longer running battery that I can't remember the model name of(gets about 6 hours). I also have 4-5 unused DVCAM tapes and a DVCAM cleaning tape to go with it.

I have the original box and as I said the manuals and all accessories. In addition, I have a Petrol Carrying case and the backpack adapter strap for it, here's the link for it.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

It works great but I have not found myself using it enough to justify the investment at this time. I am asking $2150 for everything plus shipping and insurance. I am in the Chicago area and am not looking to ship internationally.

I also have a tripod kit I bought from B&H that has been used once. It is the 525MVB legs with the 503 head. I also have rubber feet for this and the carrying case as shown here:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

I have the Bogen 523Pro zoom controller as part of this as well and am asking $650 for the tripod and zoom controller. This tripod has been used once and was bought less than three months ago.

Please email me at frankjp302@yahoo.com or reply.

Thanks!!

Don Bloom August 19th, 2005 09:26 AM

Ahhh, makes sense.

Don

Frank Peterson August 19th, 2005 10:01 AM

I wanted to add that I am willing to break some stuff up and listen to offers of course...

Thanks

Andrew Petrie August 19th, 2005 02:06 PM

WTB - Canon 14x manual

Looking for a 14x manual, been keeping up with EBay sales of late, they seem to be going for around $600-650 these days. I just missed one for a sweet $550, damn!

I'm located in Canada.

Evan Fisher August 19th, 2005 02:24 PM

FS. Manuals FCP 4, DVD 3. And Soundsticks

Manuals: FCP 4 and DVD Studio Pro 3. Make me an offer.

Harmon Kardon Soundsticks. USB interface. $50.00

LA area is easiest. You pay shipping.

Sam Houchins II August 19th, 2005 03:19 PM

Is this the software on discs with original documentation? Why can't it be upgraded to 6?
Thanks.

Glen Elliott August 19th, 2005 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam Houchins II
Is this the software on discs with original documentation? Why can't it be upgraded to 6?
Thanks.

I purchase the downloadable version of Vegas (hence the use of my word "licence") every time. The boxed version have very light documentation the same thing as the downloadable "what's new" PDF off the Sony site. The intruction manual has always been soley in PDF format.

It's not upgradable to version 6 because I used this licence to upgrade to 6. However, in accordance with Sony regulations, I am still able to sell my licence of version 5.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. Thank you.

Steve Nunez August 19th, 2005 04:44 PM

Doesn't anyone have one of the JVC's for sale??

Mekhael Trepanier August 19th, 2005 05:41 PM

lens

hey andrew haha i missed the same one, and i live an hour away from that guy...

theres always more though rite.

Mark Argerake August 19th, 2005 06:45 PM

This item is SOLD!

Stevan Arychuk August 19th, 2005 08:38 PM

One way I've found around this is to always get the original receipt from the buyer, or at least a copy of it. You can then tell the manufacturer that the item was purchased for you as a "gift". It works about 9/10 times.

- Stevan

Jason Chang August 19th, 2005 09:17 PM

burner

Thank you for the advice. I'll check out those sites.

Andrew Wood August 20th, 2005 08:30 AM

Canon GL2 Trade for Canon XL1-S

Greetings Everyone,

I'm putting up this ad to see if anyone is interested in trading their Canon XL1-S for a Canon GL2. My Canon GL2 is in great condition, always kept very good care of it and its about a year and a half old and works great. Its got some accessories like an 8 hour battery, wide angle lens, and the Canon Video Light (VL-10Li). If you are interested let me know and I can provide further information and pictures, etc and we can discuss a possible trade.

To contact me please reply on this thread or you can always get hold of me at awooday@hotmail.com

Thanks Again.

- Andrew

Andrew Wood August 20th, 2005 08:31 AM

I have a GL2 but only willing to trade for a Canon XL1s

Mathieu Ghekiere August 20th, 2005 08:43 AM

Andrew, you do know that it's likely that people will ask you if you pay a little more, because an XL1s is more expensive then a GL2?
Just wanted to let you know, good luck with the trade!
Best regards,

Pat Sherman August 20th, 2005 11:54 AM

PD150/VX2000 C.O. .3x ultra fisheye adapter

I got this a while back and it came with a camera I bought. I have used it a couple times. However, I find I really don't use it and well it's taking up space.

It's in excellent condition, no scratches, dents or dings. Retails for $799 on B&H.

I am asking $525 or make offers.

Thanks