DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Awake In The Dark (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/)
-   -   The Movie Quote Game (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/49322-movie-quote-game.html)

Chris Hurd October 25th, 2005 07:20 AM

Since a few days have gone by without a new challenge from our last winner, he has forfeited his turn. So I'll offer up an easy, easy, easy one for you...

"Cleaning woman... cleaning woman. Cleaning woman? Cleaning woman?! Cleaning woman! Cleaning woman, cleaning woman, cleaning woman!!"

Robert Mann Z. October 25th, 2005 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Hurd

"Cleaning woman... cleaning woman. Cleaning woman? Cleaning woman?! Cleaning woman! Cleaning woman, cleaning woman, cleaning woman!!

best line in that movie ....
"the folks who brought you the jerk try and make it up to you"
Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid, and i loved the Jerk...

Chris Hurd October 25th, 2005 10:07 AM

Of course the other great lines from Dead Men... Plaid (just to take that movie out of play):

Rigby: All dames are alike... they reach down your throat and they grab your heart... they pull it out and throw it on the floor, step on it with their high heels, and spit on it. They shove it in the oven and cook the shit out of it. Then they slice it into little pieces, slap it on a hunk of toast, and serve it to you and expect you to say, "Thanks, honey, that was delicious."

Rigby: There was one thing I liked about Monica... the words "I can't" weren't in her vocabulary.
Rigby: Monica, I need you to do something for me.
Monica: I can't.
Rigby Reardon: I guess she'd learned them since the last time I saw her.

Juliet: You know how to dial, don't you? You just put your finger in the hole, and make a tiny circle.

And now the ball is in your court, Robert!

Robert Mann Z. October 25th, 2005 10:43 AM

"You know how to dial, don't you? You just put your finger in the hole, and make a tiny circle" yes that one kills me...

ok here is an easy one...to keep the game going...

"what %$#@ do you know about surfing? You are from god damn new jersey. "

Tim Dashwood October 25th, 2005 10:52 AM

Apocalypse Now

Ok. Here's mine:

Ian: "I mean if we had all you guys tied up, that probably would have been fine."
David: "It's such a fine line between stupid and..."
Derek: "...and clever."

Marco Leavitt October 25th, 2005 11:07 AM

This is Spinal Tap?

Tim Dashwood October 25th, 2005 11:12 AM

Maybe that was too easy? Your turn.

Marco Leavitt October 25th, 2005 11:14 AM

Another easy one, but in the spirit of the season...

"All they stole was some Halloween masks, knives, and some rope."

Marco Leavitt October 25th, 2005 10:14 PM

Jeez guys, I would have thought people would get this pretty quickly. There's a couple of big clues right in the quote -- HALLOWEEN MASKS and KNIVES.

Chris Hurd October 26th, 2005 01:12 AM

Um... Halloween? Sorry, not my genre!

Marco Leavitt October 26th, 2005 06:36 AM

You got it. Lucky guess, huh? I guess you're it Chris.

Chris Hurd October 26th, 2005 09:17 AM

Okay, here's another dead easy one for you...

"Think that bridge will be there... and it'll be there. It's a mother beautiful bridge, and it's gonna be there."

So that's the challenge, but, if you got that one right away, consider this quote:

"Do me a favor, will you? Next time you have one of these things, keep it an all-British operation."

Who do these two movies have in common? I'm not referring to the immediately obvious fact that the same famous actor plays leading roles in both these movies... there is another person, behind the scenes, that has these two movies in common. Who is he?

Mike Rinkunas October 26th, 2005 07:53 PM

that's from bridge over the river Kawi (sp?)

~Mike

Chris Hurd October 26th, 2005 08:06 PM

Bzzt. No! Sorry!

;-)

David Jimerson October 26th, 2005 09:16 PM

Dude . . .

Kelly's Heroes.

Where Eagles Dare.

Eastwood.

But also Brian Hutton, director.