DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Awake In The Dark (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/)
-   -   The Movie Quote Game (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/49322-movie-quote-game.html)

Brian Duke October 7th, 2005 11:41 PM

My turn:

"Are those contacts? I would die for that color. I'm stuck with hazel."

Good luck hehe

Barry Gribble October 8th, 2005 12:30 AM

Oh I hate that... I can hear the words in my head, and can't put the movie on them.... ick. I liked it though.

Barry Gribble October 10th, 2005 02:31 PM

Any hints Brian?

Nick Vaughan October 13th, 2005 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Duke
My turn:

"Are those contacts? I would die for that color. I'm stuck with hazel."

Good luck hehe

Is it 'Powder?'

Brian Duke October 13th, 2005 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry Gribble
Any hints Brian?

Its a comedy.. thats the first hint... =)

Brian Duke October 13th, 2005 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry Gribble
Any hints Brian?

Nope.. another hint... its a movie about the same...

Mike Teutsch October 13th, 2005 05:12 PM

The glaciers are moving faster than this thread. It is dying!!!!! How about a time limit?

Barry Gribble October 13th, 2005 06:02 PM

Yeah, I agree... Brian, you have stumped us... how about give the answer and bring on another quote?

Dylan Couper October 16th, 2005 01:20 PM

GAME TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED!

Yup, the movie quote game has wound itself out.

I'm wondering if lack of interest is due to the size of the thread, and maybe we should start another from scratch? Or maybe we should just lock it for a few weeks and then re-introduce it.

Thoughs?

Mike Teutsch October 16th, 2005 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Couper
GAME TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED!

Yup, the movie quote game has wound itself out.

I'm wondering if lack of interest is due to the size of the thread, and maybe we should start another from scratch? Or maybe we should just lock it for a few weeks and then re-introduce it.

Thoughs?

I think it is simply that people are posting more obscure quotes, trying to stump everyone, and then not monitoring it and posting hints as necessary. The last hint on the current quote came three days ago. So, if your are going to play, you have to monitor the game constantly.

Second suggestion would be to use the quote not to try to stump everyone, but just to post memorable quotes that we will enjoy recalling. That is when the game was fun. You know,"That is from XXXX movie, I loved that movie!"

Just my two cents.

Mike

Barry Gribble October 16th, 2005 06:58 PM

Funny, I had just logged on thinking I was just going to jump in a post a new quote... I think I still will. Brian may not be very active recently... no bad. I am definitely guilty of throwing something obscure in, but I have tried to check back often to offer hints... hmmm...

Anyway, if Dylan doesn't mind....

"TV - it changed the way we think forever. First time they stopped the game because they had to cut to a commercial was the end of it."

Mike Rinkunas October 16th, 2005 08:04 PM

Barry,

Isn't that from Any Given Sunday?

~Mike

Charles Papert October 16th, 2005 09:01 PM

Dammit, would have thought I would have recognized that line, Martin Short is hilarious in that film. I often use his line about reading "almost ALL of them [scripts] nearly ALL the way through". I was sort of blown away right after I moved to L.A. and realized that the Cinerama Dome was the background of the "Pez People" video.

Brian Duke October 16th, 2005 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charles Papert
Dammit, would have thought I would have recognized that line, Martin Short is hilarious in that film. I often use his line about reading "almost ALL of them [scripts] nearly ALL the way through". I was sort of blown away right after I moved to L.A. and realized that the Cinerama Dome was the background of the "Pez People" video.

One of my favorite films, and it should be ALMOST mandatory for anyone in the movie biz to watch, especially DP's, Directors, writers etc.

That movie has so many good lines, as UGE mistake a UGE mistake... Or JT Walsh's line: "I haven't seen your film, but let me just say one word.. Brilliance… Briliance…"

Also: "You're director? huh, that's great, Jose, our busboy is a director."

Glad we have the same humor Charles.... PS I send you an email.

Mike Rinkunas October 17th, 2005 02:23 PM

Sorry for the delay, off on an on-site shoot today....

Ok, here it comes, from one of my all time favorite movies

"So you're Chekov, huh? Well, this here's McCoy. Find a Spock, we got us an away team"

good luck!
~Mike