DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Awake In The Dark (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/)
-   -   The Movie Quote Game (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/49322-movie-quote-game.html)

Alfred Okocha August 31st, 2005 01:53 PM

Ha, Murphy..You beat me to it. I was thinking about that one but decided I couldn't spell Kwai.. Good luck, hehe.

Chris Hurd August 31st, 2005 02:29 PM

Think of one common element that's present in The Last Detail, An Officer And A Gentleman, and Top Gun. It ain't prisoners.

Academy award winner, A-list actors, in color, made in the '50's, not about World War Two.

Nestor: "And another thing. Ya gotta stop sassin' them officers like ya just did."
Mike: "When are ya gonna learn, Nestor? You can say anything you want to 'em, as long as ya put 'sir' on the end of it."

Christopher C. Murphy August 31st, 2005 02:49 PM

Paths to Glory?? That's about WWI, but it's in black and white!

It has a Jack Nicolson connection, but Top Gun and O. & a Gentleman?!

Chris Hurd August 31st, 2005 03:28 PM

I didn't say it has a Jack Nicholson connection... I said it has something in common with a Jack Nicholson movie, The Last Detail. Once again, if you had to boil The Last Detail down into one word, what would it be? It's a "______" movie, just like An Officer And A Gentleman and Top Gun are also "______" movies.

Keith Loh August 31st, 2005 03:44 PM

I think I know the theme and the quote sounds familiar.

"The Sand Pebbles"?

Chris Hurd August 31st, 2005 03:50 PM

I like the way you think, Keith. Sand Pebbles is one of my favorite movies of all times. Plenty of good quotes from McQueen and other great actors... a classic if there ever was one. But Sand Pebbles was made in 1966, and my movie is from the 1950's.

It's a "____" movie, just like The Last Detail, An Officer And A Gentleman, Top Gun, Sand Pebbles and In Harm's Way are also "____" movies (but not Taps, Stripes, Patton, A Bridge Too Far, Platoon or Paths of Glory).

Robert Mann Z. August 31st, 2005 04:20 PM

so i guess its not Mister Roberts ...is it The African Queen

Keith Loh August 31st, 2005 04:36 PM

"The Caine Mutiny"?

Christopher C. Murphy August 31st, 2005 04:41 PM

Ok, I gave up and looked it up in the IMDB! I won't say anything..

Chris Hurd August 31st, 2005 05:15 PM

Excellent movies all, but none are correct! Maybe you guys need some more dialog:

Mike: "My hat and scarf, please."

Nestor: "Can't ya wait til we get off the ship? What if the Captain had seen ya?"

Mike: "We don't save captains, Nestor, we save pilots. When they're down there in the icy water with only minutes to live, it makes 'em feel awful good to look up here and see this green hat."

Nestor: "And another thing. Ya gotta stop sassin' them officers like ya just did."

Mike: "When are ya gonna learn, Nestor? You can say anything you want to 'em, as long as ya put 'sir' on the end of it."

Keith Loh August 31st, 2005 05:31 PM

"They Were Expendable"?
"Operation Petticoat"?

Dimitri De Keukelaere August 31st, 2005 05:33 PM

I'll bet chris is loving this ;-) :p

Meryem Ersoz August 31st, 2005 06:03 PM

was out all day and thought this would be solved by now....1950s

rebel without a cause?

ok, it is *not* some like it hot....

african queen? the defiant ones?

ok, i think too many guesses at once. i will go with the defiant ones....

Chris Hurd August 31st, 2005 06:11 PM

Keith -- those are World War Two, so no dice...

Meryem -- please re-read all the clues!

Hah, this is fun!

Robert Mann Z. August 31st, 2005 06:31 PM

alright here i go, just guessing at this point based on your hints

Battle Circus
The Hunters
A Farewell to Arms