DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Awake In The Dark (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/)
-   -   The Movie Quote Game (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/awake-dark/49322-movie-quote-game.html)

Chris Hurd August 31st, 2005 10:33 AM

Nope, not even close, sorry!

Just about the only thing this has in common with "CHL" that I can readily think of is that both movies each won an Academy award.

;-)

Meryem Ersoz August 31st, 2005 10:35 AM

scarface?

one of those mike hammer movies, but the names are escaping me....

Christopher C. Murphy August 31st, 2005 10:36 AM

The Last Detail with Jack Nicholson??

Chris Hurd August 31st, 2005 10:42 AM

A hint: Murph is on the right track. If you can boil Murph's movie down to one single word, that's what kind of movie mine is, and I don't mean a comedy.

An incentive: whoever gets this right *plus* names the actors who played these roles *plus* describes exactly what they're doing when they say those lines, gets some DV Info swag in the mail from me (overseas could take awhile).

(edit:) Holy cow, I just gave another hint in the paragraph above!

Christopher C. Murphy August 31st, 2005 11:03 AM

Stripes, or Taps, or Officer and a Gentleman???

Chris Hurd August 31st, 2005 11:14 AM

Murph, we seem to have different definitions of how old a movie has to be in order to qualify for "classic" status... in my book, nothing from the 1980's will do! But to help you out, it has something in common with Officer and Gentleman and The Last Detail but nothing in common with Stripes or Taps.

Christopher C. Murphy August 31st, 2005 12:12 PM

Oh, I'm with you on Classics...70's and before almost always. It was just wild guessing on my part. But, as much as I don't really like 80's movies up until now...there isn't a lot of great films to chose from. Here are some early 80's "classics" in my opinion. Maybe up until about 1984...things after that really went south. So yeah, "early" 80's "classics"? Tell me what you think..

The Shining - 1980
Raging Bull - 1980
The Elephant Man - 1980
Terminator - 1984
ET- 1982
The Big Chill - 1983
Raiders of the Lost Ark - 1981
Amadeus - 1983
The Outsiders - 1983

I know, off topic from our "quotes"...sorry! I'm pretty much out of guesses on your quote....one last guess is "PATTON"?????

Chris Hurd August 31st, 2005 12:24 PM

Start a new thread for off-topic stuff!

"The Last Detail" and "Officer and a Gentleman" have something in common with each other (as well as the movie my quote is from) but not with Taps, Stripes, or Patton. Or Battle of the Bulge or Kelly's Heroes or Platoon. However it would have something in common with Top Gun. Now what could that be?

Barry Gribble August 31st, 2005 12:49 PM

A Few Good Men?

Dimitri De Keukelaere August 31st, 2005 01:06 PM

power rangers the movie?, that movie rocks !! :p:p:p

Chris Hurd August 31st, 2005 01:12 PM

Another hint: it was made sometime during the 1950's.

Has something in common with The Last Detail, An Officer And A Gentleman, and Top Gun.

Nothing in common with Taps, Stripes, or Patton. Or Battle of the Bulge or Kelly's Heroes or Platoon. A Few Good Men... if you need a ruling, well call it a no. There is an inportant clue in my paragraph about the swag.

Somebody out there has seen this movie. It's been on late night television hundreds of times. It starred a couple of A-list actors from that decade and won an Academy award, so it's not all that obscure.

Christopher C. Murphy August 31st, 2005 01:42 PM

From Here to Eternity?

Chris Hurd August 31st, 2005 01:44 PM

Ballpark. Wrong war. That's a black and white film, mine is in color.

Christopher C. Murphy August 31st, 2005 01:45 PM

lol!

The Bridge of River Kwai? Wait that's world war II!

Alfred Okocha August 31st, 2005 01:50 PM

So a war movie with prisoners in a camp that tries to escape then.. From the 50s..

When is " the great escape" from? Could it be that one?