View Full Version : Hi From Los Angeles, California

Pages : 1 [2]

Brandon Freer
October 17th, 2007, 01:29 PM
So with a motley crew of misfits who knew nothing about film making, I will jokingly include myself in this group, I got myself entered into Apple's Insomniac Film contest. With no preparation, no script, no plan, next to no assistance from my misfit crew, I cranked out this little 3 minute schlocktastic and truly bizarre vision. Being a first attempt and under these extreme circumstances I think it is actually pretty decent.

A little background on the process...

At 6am the rules/elements were posted on Apple's site for all registered teams and the brainstorming session for concepts and storylines began.

The brainstorming consisted of me verbally sparring with myself as the other 3 members in my team stared blankly at eachother and back at me. Feeling that I was not going to win this battle with myself and three non existant participants, I got on the phone and started brainstorming with my uncle and my brother who are on the opposite coast of the US.

With thier help, we collectively fleshed out a simple idea in a matter of minutes and tried to include as many elements as possible. I then called any friends I could think of that would be willing to try and act in this little project.

I filmed this video entirely with my new JVC GZ-HD7, it was edited entirely using iMovie since I don't have FCP on my laptop, and my uncle and his 5yr old son somehow managed to learn Garageband in a matter of hours to come up with some sort of background score.

Fastforward to 12am and I am trying to figure out how I was going to edit 25 minutes of raw footage into a 3 min. short.

I made the deadline and there is problably and even funnier movie to be had from just the experience...Well that will be for next year...

Any feedback would be nice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeLdxesrIIY

Thanks.

Chuck Silverman
October 25th, 2007, 08:03 AM
hi
I'm a professional drummer and educator in the L.A. area.

I've just begun to use this cool camera. Has anyone here purchased the DVD available which teaches how to better use this camera? I've only used Sony "handicams" in the past. Any assistance is very appreciated.

Thanks!

Chuck Silverman

Javier Rios
October 31st, 2007, 09:57 AM
Hi, just found this great place while searching the web for video info, and I see here is a lot of it, it will be a nice place to learn more about video.

Javier Rios.
Los Angeles, CA.

Javier Rios
October 31st, 2007, 10:03 AM
Oh forgot to mention this is my first post here(actually the other was the first this is the second) and yes I'm new here.