View Full Version : Short Film shot on A1U

Adam La Prade
April 20th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Hey guys...I was part of my local Campus Movie Fest here in Orlando a few weeks ago. They give us 1 week to make a film under 5 mins. We ended up being nominated for best picture there, moved on to the state competition and won for "Best Concept". Now, were one of16 films being shown at the Atlanta Film Festival on April 27th.

http://www.adster.net/videos/yardball.html

Let me know what you think. It's not professional by any means but it was fun to shoot.

On a side note, I recently sold my Sony A1U to buy a Canon XH A1, so this will be the last of my films shot on the A1U. It was fun guys!

Vidar Vedaa
April 22nd, 2007, 12:12 AM
I realy enjoy your film Adam,I am not proff but the film was good.

Steve Royer
May 26th, 2007, 06:33 PM
Hey i just watched your short film. Pretty damn funny! I liked the "Bill & Ted" competition spoof... you made it your own. If you want to hear my extremely amateur critiques here goes:

1) I liked the overexposed feel, but it would have worked even better without the sun flares in the camera lens.

2) The camera angles could have been more interesting, than the 3/4 angle mid range shots all the time. I'd like to see you get more adventurous with angles, movement and timing.

3) Death was great, the outfit and idea that he likes Tarrentino flicks was humorous.

Overall it was entertaining, which I think is hard to do. Good Luck in the future.

Darren Cole
May 28th, 2007, 09:59 AM
I want to watch but Me MAC says i need sometype of plug and doesnt say which one what kind of player is the video on.

Jack Major
June 13th, 2007, 12:13 PM
haha wow i usually dont comment on peoples films but i just have to say that that was really good, very inventive, new, and original. With a new spin to the grim reaper character. well done i would love to see more.

Jason Donaldson
June 13th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Didn't work for me either

William Cusick
June 19th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Hey Adam, nice job! Clever film and you did a good job exploiting the nature of the consumer camera's lack of contrast detail. The style works and the guy playing Death is funny. Keep it up!