View Full Version : I have the V1U buying a second cam V1U or A1?

Brian Rhodes
March 15th, 2007, 05:49 PM
Douglas Spotted Eagle

You said you own bought the V1 and A1 I am getting ready to purchase another cam should I buy another V1U or and A1?

I will be shooting in 24p format, can the 24f be edited on the same timeline in Sony Vegas and how well will the camera images match up, or is it best to stick with matching cams.

Jiri Bakala
March 15th, 2007, 09:00 PM
If you need to match up cameras, buy the same model. They still won't be EXACTLY the same but surely closer than different models.

Marcus Marchesseault
March 15th, 2007, 09:30 PM
...and you won't need to buy seperate accessories. Batteries, wide-angle/telephoto adapters, filters and such can really add up. $$ Also, you won't need to learn an all-new camera. This could make a difference if you hire crew as they won't need to learn a whole array of cameras.

Chris Hurd
March 16th, 2007, 12:14 AM
Wholeheartedly agree with the advice here. Get another V1, it'll make your life soooo much simpler in the process.

Brian Rhodes
March 16th, 2007, 01:58 AM
THANKS for the advise going to TapeWorks Texas Inc today to pick up another VIU.

Stephen Armour
March 16th, 2007, 06:02 AM
Douglas Spotted Eagle

You said you own bought the V1 and A1 I am getting ready to purchase another cam should I buy another V1U or and A1?

I will be shooting in 24p format, can the 24f be edited on the same timeline in Sony Vegas and how well will the camera images match up, or is it best to stick with matching cams.

They sync, so you'll have them working together on multicam shoots, plus all the reasons others stated. Also, the batteries work great on the SWIT 8" LCD (with Sony batt option), so you'd have it all. One more thing, if you keep with V1U's, you can use that "Blackmagic Intensity" card for uncompressed output to a PC...or two.