View Full Version : Where to shop in Los Angeles?

Ethan Piliavin
February 25th, 2007, 02:31 AM
Hi,

I am new to this whole scene, a film student getting ready to make my first real camcorder purchase, and I think I have pretty much settled on the V1U, but I really want to play around with it before taking that last step...

I have gone to Samys DV and Calumet here in Hollywood, but neither seem to be very helpful, nor gave me the option to play with the camera (hands on) for a bit. I would really like to be able to do that before anything else.

Aside from going to NAB or HDExpo, can someone recommend a friendly and helpful place to shop in LA or the Valley that carries the V1U?

Thanks!

Ethan

Chris Hurd
February 25th, 2007, 02:45 AM
Hi Ethan, as a matter of forum policy, we refer all "where to buy" questions to our trusted site sponsors. Two of them have retail space in Los Angeles: Abel CineTech and Birns & Sawyer. Both should be able to let you get your hands on the cameras. Details, links on our Sponsors page (http://www.dvinfo.net/sponsors). Hope this helps,

Ethan Piliavin
February 25th, 2007, 03:04 AM
Chris,

Sounds like a fair policy. Anyway, I have not been to either store, so its a good place to start.

Thanks.