View Full Version : Standard preset or Cineform?

Gildo Houtekamer
December 5th, 2006, 03:12 PM
David,
Is there a difference between using the standard HDV preset in Pro 1.51 and the Cineform presets?

David Newman
December 5th, 2006, 03:33 PM
If you not using CineForm presets you are not use Aspect HD, so yes there is a huge difference.

Gildo Houtekamer
December 5th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Perhaps I have got it wrong, but in Pro 1.51 there is a HDV preset from Cineform; when I use it, it is only not realtime.
So this preset is not using the underlying newer Cineform codec?
TIA

David Newman
December 5th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Only use the preset in the CineForm folder (when you select New Project.) If you don't have any presets in the CineForm folder or you are not getting real-time performance, you will need to contact tech support. For support open a trouble ticket at www.cineform.com/support

Bobby Arnold
June 7th, 2007, 10:58 PM
Only use the preset in the CineForm folder (when you select New Project.) If you don't have any presets in the CineForm folder or you are not getting real-time performance, you will need to contact tech support. For support open a trouble ticket at www.cineform.com/support

I have a similar issue and just opened a support ticket. I get shoddy performance using the HDV presets, and when I select the Cineform preset, I am not able to playback from my sequence at all.

Running on Dual Xeon 3.06, 2GB DDR333, ATI Radeon x850, 2x160 in RAID 0 for video drive.

Bobby Arnold
June 15th, 2007, 11:13 PM
I think support helped me fix the issue. I had upgraded to PP2.0, but was still having the problem. Support suggested that I go into the application and try the following:

"In the CineForm Playback Settings there is a slider control that adjusts the memory buffer. Try adjusting that one way or the other and then try playing back your timeline again."

I tried this, and it didn't seem to work. However, I exited the application, restarted PP2.0 and it was now working. I think I had turned the slider to the right (more memory). Hope this can help someone else! Thanks Cineform!