View Full Version : Request for an English to French Translator

Ken Tanaka
March 16th, 2003, 05:09 PM
The management of this site needs the assistance of a member who can read and write fluent French and English and who would be willing to accurately translate a message from English to French for us.

Please respond to this note if you fill the bill. We will be very grateful for such assistance.

Thank you!

Frank Granovski
March 16th, 2003, 05:35 PM
E-mail me what you need translated right away, and I'll get my mother to do it this evening. She taught, German, French, English, Spanish, Italian, Greek and Latin at university. Yes, she has many, many degrees. (My wife can translate Persian, Arabic, old Arabic and Ordo---I don't know the spelling of that Pakistani language.)

Ken Tanaka
March 16th, 2003, 05:59 PM
Thank you for the offer, Frank. Unfortunately, we do not yet have the draft of the correspondence.

Frank Granovski
March 16th, 2003, 06:20 PM
When you have it, send it, and I'll get it done for you within a day or 2---depending how long it is/when I receive it.

Jed Williamson
March 16th, 2003, 06:21 PM
translation help is on the web at:

freetranslation.com

Here's the last response translated :)

Merci pour l'offre, Franche. Malheureusement, nous n'avons pas pourtant le plan de la correspondance.

Ken Tanaka
March 16th, 2003, 06:29 PM
Indeed, Jed, this facility is a handy tool to have for reading and getting the gist of another language.

But in our case we need to make certain that the translation is 110% accurate in word and spirit.

Thanks very much for the tip.