View Full Version : DVChallenge #6 THEME POST! GO GO GO!

Pages : 1 [2]

Peter Ferling
August 4th, 2006, 06:21 AM
Maybe so, but we can create a 3 min "comp" to determine feasibility. Since the judges (a.k.a board members), have to decide, they would have to "review" it first, and if given merit or the nod of approval, then we can talk terms...

Busch beer is about $6 a case...

Sean McHenry
August 4th, 2006, 09:21 AM
Having the huge international audience we do now, I think a great idea would be to get several folks from obviously different continents to shoot exactly the same scene featuring the sun and put them together showing the same idea from different locations.

Example, a simple lunch with a friend at an outdoor dinner.

Everyone shoot the same scene for say 45 seconds. That would allow 4 different locations to do the same thing. An interesting cultural idea, especially if everyone picks an ethnic place representing their geographic area.

Just an idea. It intrigues me seeing the same exact ideas brought out by different cultures. I suggested this a while ago with giving everyone exactly the same script just to see what music if any people put under the dialog, camera framing, use of color and costuming, etc.

Sean

(Still working on a dark theme based on the sun. Oxymoron?)

Kris Holodak
August 4th, 2006, 09:56 AM
You know Dylan, you've guaranteed rain with this theme. I think most of North America is going to thank you for that after the record heat we've been having all week.

Smile,
kris

Michael Fossenkemper
August 4th, 2006, 12:47 PM
Having the huge international audience we do now, I think a great idea would be to get several folks from obviously different continents to shoot exactly the same scene featuring the sun and put them together showing the same idea from different locations.

Everyone shoot the same scene for say 45 seconds. That would allow 4 different locations to do the same thing. An interesting cultural idea, especially if everyone picks an ethnic place representing their geographic area.

Just an idea. It intrigues me seeing the same exact ideas brought out by different cultures. I suggested this a while ago with giving everyone exactly the same script just to see what music if any people put under the dialog, camera framing, use of color and costuming, etc.

Sean

I really like this idea for the writing impared like myself. I'm on day two and i've got no ideas that I can pull off.

Mike Teutsch
August 4th, 2006, 12:59 PM

Sean

Obviously won't work for the Challenge, as we are competing against one another, but it would be neat to put together afterward. How many of us will not have a sunrise or a sunset? We could have a subset contest for the best sunrise-set!?!?!?!?!?

Go for it people!

Mike

Peter Ferling
August 4th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Dylan, is some animation comped into the video acceptable? How flexible is rule#7? The animation will be new, created from scratch to fit the theme.

Thanks.

Rob Lohman
August 4th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Peter: I see no problem with that. I think Dylan said you can make your movie
any way you see fit. As long as it is a movie (ie, moving images) and it is
new, original and not something you had lying on the shelf.

Peter Ferling
August 4th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Thanks Rob, I understand that.

Now I'm sawing off the bottom of my door so they can slide the food and fresh clothes in... (let's see, a beer bottle is about 2.4 inches in diameter...) time to get busy.

Mike Teutsch
August 4th, 2006, 04:07 PM
Thanks Rob, I understand that.

Now I'm sawing off the bottom of my door so they can slide the food and fresh clothes in... (let's see, a beer bottle is about 2.4 inches in diameter...) time to get busy.

The whole thing could be a cartoon or animation, no problem. But please, please don't break that bottle.

Mike

Dylan Couper
August 4th, 2006, 07:53 PM
The whole thing could be a cartoon or animation, no problem.

Actually, nope.
Check out the new addition to rule #7! :)
http://www.thedvchallenge.com/rules.shtml

Pete:
It really depends on the application of the animation.
It would be fine for:
-special effects
-backgrounds
-titles/openings
and probably other stuff.

If you have something specific in mind, feel free to email me and ask.

Glenn Davidson
August 4th, 2006, 09:11 PM
DVC 6, the Contest where you may point your new HD camera at the blazing sun is brought to you by these friendy sponsers.....

Peter Ferling
August 4th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Actually, nope.
Check out the new addition to rule #7! :)
http://www.thedvchallenge.com/rules.shtml

Pete:
It really depends on the application of the animation.
It would be fine for:
-special effects
-backgrounds
-titles/openings
and probably other stuff.

If you have something specific in mind, feel free to email me and ask.

Dylan, I just sent you a message.

Peter Ferling
August 4th, 2006, 10:35 PM
DVC 6, the Contest where you may point your new HD camera at the blazing sun is brought to you by these friendy sponsers.....

I've already done that with a CMOS equipped HC1 while on vacation on the beach last month.

http://www.dvinfo.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=656&c=46

I have about thirty seconds of the stuff, and didn't harm it a bit. Not sure if I'd do the same with my 3CCD XL1s...

Rob Lohman
August 5th, 2006, 05:31 AM
My appologies to you Peter if I sent you on the wrong path. Glad Dylan set
me straight pretty quickly!

Mike Teutsch
August 5th, 2006, 07:02 AM
Actually, nope.
Check out the new addition to rule #7!

OOPS!

My bad. Damn rules.

Peter Ferling
August 5th, 2006, 09:36 AM
No problem guy's, I communicated this with Dylan, and I'm within the boundries... I can drink any brand of beer I want, so long as it's cold...