View Full Version : Holy crap! 1 more day!

Joey Taylor
August 1st, 2006, 08:38 PM
Okay.
1 more day until it begins.

My question is whether the theme is announced at 12:00am PM or Eastern Time or when!

Anyone know?
Dylan?

Chris Barcellos
August 1st, 2006, 09:24 PM
Kind of loose last time. He likes to spring it on you when you are least expecting it. We are at his mercy..

Shervin Mandgaryan
August 1st, 2006, 09:55 PM
He likes to spring it on you when you are least expecting it. We are at his mercy..

From behind...? :-P

Michael Fossenkemper
August 1st, 2006, 10:25 PM
It's posted after you refresh 23 times after 12am.

Daniel Speed
August 2nd, 2006, 10:52 AM
I looked at the previous challenge submissions so I think I have a gist of what each challenge topic was, but just so that I can have an idea, can anyone post the directions or challenge topics from previous contests?

I was just curious as to how specific or general the topics were and the elbow room allotted for interpretations.

Thanks.

Dylan Couper
August 2nd, 2006, 11:13 AM
Joey
I'll probably post the theme tomorrow morning around 8am PST. Or whenever I feel like it. :)

As for the other themes... I went back and checked:

Trapped
Secrets
Cameras
Holiday spirit (I think)
Reflection

And I just decided what DVC6 will be!

Daniel Speed
August 2nd, 2006, 11:51 AM
:o

Thanks, Mr. Couper.

Joey Taylor
August 2nd, 2006, 02:26 PM

Oh no you didn't!

Dylan Couper
August 2nd, 2006, 05:41 PM
Oh yeah, and it's GOOD!

ANd to make it fair, just cause I know a day early, I haven't put together any cast or crew, and won't until tomorrow.

D

Edward Slonaker
August 2nd, 2006, 06:04 PM
Joey
I'll probably post the theme tomorrow morning around 8am PST. Or whenever I feel like it. :)

As for the other themes... I went back and checked:

Trapped
Secrets
Cameras
Holiday spirit (I think)
Reflection

Given the latest climatology, the theme is probably HEAT (or any variant thereof)!

Joey Taylor
August 2nd, 2006, 06:27 PM
HEAT!? I live in Antarctica. Damnit!

Alex Thames
August 2nd, 2006, 06:50 PM
Hey! If you're annoucning the theme at 8am PST tomorrow, then the deadline should also be pushed back 8 hours!

Michael Fossenkemper
August 2nd, 2006, 07:02 PM
well i've hacked into Dylan's email and found the theme.

"4 fingers and 3 toes"

must be shot at night under a full moon in a different city than where you live. No music allowed.

Chris Barcellos
August 2nd, 2006, 07:29 PM
Hey! If you're annoucning the theme at 8am PST tomorrow, then the deadline should also be pushed back 8 hours!

All of us people on the West Coast have to take a pledge not to look at the theme until 11 a.m.--- but wait a minute, what about Europeans, oh, and the poor Australians, oh my...

I guess that the price they pay for being ahead of us.....

Edward Slonaker
August 2nd, 2006, 07:39 PM
HEAT!? I live in Antarctica. Damnit!
Maybe a polar bear IN heat?? Ooh...sorry.....bad visual.....

Dylan Couper
August 2nd, 2006, 08:00 PM

Yeah. I should do a lot of things. Like only use the express checkout for 10 items or less, recycle, and not pee in pools.

But if I'm not changing any of those, what chance do you think there is of me pushing the deadline back?

:)

Kelly Harmsworth
August 2nd, 2006, 08:16 PM
Yeah. I should do a lot of things. Like only use the express checkout for 10 items or less, recycle, and not pee in pools.

But if I'm not changing any of those, what chance do you think there is of me pushing the deadline back?

LOL that was good!

Michael Fossenkemper
August 2nd, 2006, 08:21 PM
hahahah. that was funny as hell.

Dennis Khaye
August 2nd, 2006, 10:04 PM
An yet another piece of the puzzle falls into place. LOL

Sean McHenry
August 2nd, 2006, 11:23 PM
And we know NOT to swim in his pool!

I keep pushing for stuff like "furry woodland creatures and spoons". I can think of dozens of dark themes there. My luck and it will be "warm dead bodies and knives" and I'll draw a blank.

See you all tomorrow.

Sean

Joey Taylor
August 3rd, 2006, 12:39 AM
Oh GEEZ...
20 minutes!

Rob Lohman
August 3rd, 2006, 12:55 AM
Isn't it more like 8 hours?

Joey Taylor
August 3rd, 2006, 01:03 AM
Nope.
He said 8am, and then he continued to say that he would do it whenever he felt like.

Dylan's messing with us ;).

3 minutes past midnight btw.

Rob Lohman
August 3rd, 2006, 01:10 AM
if it's just midnight there (as I suspected) then 8 am is still 8 hours (just a little
under now) away by my calculations. Unless you think 8 am = midnight...

Justin Tomchuk
August 3rd, 2006, 07:10 AM
Guys, Dylan said 8 AM PST, not Eastern or Atlantic etc. We still have 2 hours to go, and Dylan is probably sleeping. :)

Mike Teutsch
August 3rd, 2006, 07:26 AM

Still half asleep, but I take it the theme is about recycling your pool water 10 times after you pee in it? Gee, nothing is coming to mind right now!

Oh wait, now I'm awake, never mind! :)

Michael Fossenkemper
August 3rd, 2006, 08:27 AM
Let the page refreshings begin.

Dylan Couper
August 3rd, 2006, 08:39 AM
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN..
(grumbling mumbling....)
Mrgnfriggn.....
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAWN....

Man, sure is a nice day. I wonder what I'll do today? Maybe relax and soak up the sun for a little while.

You guys got anything planned for the weekend?

Michael Fossenkemper
August 3rd, 2006, 08:39 AM
Dylan just logged on. should be any minute.

Michael Fossenkemper
August 3rd, 2006, 08:40 AM
Damn he beat me to the post. he must have been typing while i was typing

Michael Fossenkemper
August 3rd, 2006, 08:50 AM
Ok, I've studied these next steps extensively. Next he locks the signup thread. Then he logs off and composes the anouncement thread. This takes anywhere between 20min to 1 hour depending on the coffee. He posts a couple of more times. Then posts the announcement.

Bruce Broussard
August 3rd, 2006, 08:54 AM
My camera is already set up... (sound of fingers tapping desk)

Robert Martens
August 3rd, 2006, 08:55 AM
"Last Activity: Today 10:54 AM
Creating Thread The DV Challenge (our semi-regular contest) @ 10:54 AM"

Wee! Good luck, everyone!

Dylan Couper
August 3rd, 2006, 08:58 AM
Ok, I've studied these next steps extensively. Next he locks the signup thread. Then he logs off and composes the anouncement thread. This takes anywhere between 20min to 1 hour depending on the coffee. He posts a couple of more times. Then posts the announcement.

LOL, I did it in reverse order. Now it's time to get some coffee. :)

Mike Teutsch
August 3rd, 2006, 08:58 AM
You guys got anything planned for the weekend?

Well I was going to go the the local pool to cool off a bit from this heat wave. But, for some reason, that does not sound appealing any longer! Can't remember why.

Mike

Refresh-refreash-refresh!