View Full Version : Sony Look-xl-2

Lou Bruno
July 15th, 2006, 07:13 PM
I should be receiving my XL-2 shortly. It will be among my arsenal of many video cameras :-)

Q: Can someone advise me of the settings to approximate the SONY cameras?

Thanks in advance,
Lou Bruno

Chris Hurd
July 15th, 2006, 08:25 PM
Hey Lou, maybe it will be up to *you* to devise a Sony Look custom preset!

Greg Boston
July 15th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Can someone advise me of the settings to approximate the SONY cameras?Which Sony are you trying to emulate?

-gb-

Chris Hurd
July 15th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Lou has a variety of Sony camcorders, but you're right, Greg, it would be helpful to know which one in particular. That's why I suggested to Lou that perhaps *he* should develop that specific preset, and then share it with the rest of us!

Ash Greyson
July 15th, 2006, 10:25 PM
Out of the box the XL2 matches pretty well, only slightly warmer. As said, it depends on the camera.

ash =o)

Lou Bruno
July 16th, 2006, 05:46 PM
AH HA!!!!!!!!!!! Then I must introduce some BLUE....this should be fun.

Actually MOST SONY cameras are close in color. However, My SONY HD cameras have somewhat more "PUNCH" than my VX/PD series. I assume more saturation and BLUE should do the trick.

CHRIS.....nice to hear from you. I will be asking some questions when the camera arrives. Great to share some settings..........will make one up for SONY, JVC etc.

LOU "too many video cameras" Bruno

Out of the box the XL2 matches pretty well, only slightly warmer. As said, it depends on the camera.

ash =o)

Ash Greyson
July 16th, 2006, 09:01 PM
You can try to WB the XL2 to very light pastel green... might have to boost saturation a notch or two as well...

ash =o)