View Full Version : Hello from Olathe, Kansas

Harold Schreiber
July 3rd, 2006, 09:58 PM
Howdy all, I'm "Old Weird Harold" out of Olathe, Ks. Videography has been hobby for last 30+ years. I see there are at least a few others from Kansas, including at least one from my home town of Topeka.

I've done a little of most everything. Mostly do Horse Schooling/Show and Roller Skating Video currently. Since I retired in Dec 2001, I've been playing with it more.

Got a number of home made equipment mods to share. Will check to see if I can put up Pics of them. All cheap, easy to make, and makes a number of projects easier to do.

Harold

Lorinda Norton
July 3rd, 2006, 10:13 PM
Hi, O.W. Harold!

One of my sisters lives in Olathe. Pretty area--seems especially so after a long day of driving through Western KS on I-70. :)

Looking forward to your pics. Sounds really interesting!!

Harold Schreiber
July 3rd, 2006, 10:26 PM
Hi Lorinda,

Yeah, Kansas is rather boring west of Topeka, till you get to Denver.

Harold

Rob Lohman
July 4th, 2006, 01:53 AM
Hi Harold, welcome aboard (H)DV Info Net, good to have you with us!

Mike Teutsch
July 4th, 2006, 06:18 AM
Hi WOH,

Welcome to the forum! I was stationed at Olathe Naval Air Station, in about 1968. I was in the Army, so the Navy food was way better than I was used to!

When I lived in Omaha I used to go to KC often, and the best place I found to eat was Stephenson's Apple Orchard Restaurant. Do you know that place?

Again, welcome and we are looking forward to the pictures.

Mike

Stephen Schleicher
July 4th, 2006, 09:30 AM
Hi WOH from someone in the dead zone between Topeka and Denver. :D

cheers
Stephen Schleicher
www.stephenschleicher.com
www.coolnessroundup.com

Neal Metzler
July 6th, 2006, 10:07 AM
About another 35 miles west of Hays gets you here to Wakeeney. Yes, it's desolate out here, but we kind of like it that way :)

Look forward to seeing some of your mods and welcome to the site!

BTW, howdy Stephen, always cool to see someone nearby!

Will Downing
July 11th, 2006, 08:38 AM
Welcome aboard. There are a lot of great folks here and a wealth of information.
Doing industrial and broadcast video for the State of Kansas here, and I still can't believe they pay me to have this much fun.

Will

Lorinda Norton
July 11th, 2006, 09:47 AM
Hey, it's Will Downing!!! You don't check in here often enough; good to see you! :)

Angela Frasure
July 11th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Harold great to hear from you. And from the boys on I-70 west. ;) I've spent time in the Hays/Colby area and now work with Will for the State. Enjoying it greatly!

Harold Schreiber
July 11th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Hi folks,

Will and Angela, I retired from the Kansas Court System as a Juvenile Officer in KCK back in Dec. 2001. Besides janitors, I think we had the lowest pay of the state employees.

For the last 4 yrs I've done the Video at the March Horse Show (10 to 13 hr. days X2) at the old Fair grounds there in Topeka. It was still the Fair grounds when I lived there. I was in the first class to go the full 3 yrs at Topeka West.

I get to Topeka about once a month to visit my mother and to skate at the South Rink. Maybe we could meet up some time, or you-all could come my way.

Depending on what type of Video you kids do, you might be interested in some of the mods I've fabricated to make a lot of Videography easier.

Harold

Alden Miller
July 12th, 2006, 10:40 PM
Hey there Harold!
I am also living in Olathe. I am working on a short to be shot in a few weeks. I'd love to meet up with more people in the area to do more work. I am curious to hear of the crazy mods youve come up with.

Will Downing
July 14th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Harold,
Just drop me a line off the board and when you're in Topeka give us a call.

Lorinda, hello yourself...I check in off and on, but most often just quietly watch and listen. (in our line of work, lurking just seems to be the wrong connotation to use! ;)

Hope all's well up in the mountains.

Will