View Full Version : Dvc6?

William Gardner
June 5th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Dylan,

Do you have any schedule in mind for DVC6? It's been around 3 months since DVC5 kicked off. I'm sure that I'm not the only one recharged and ready for another go sometime soon.

Bill

Chris Barcellos
June 5th, 2006, 11:10 AM
Me too, I'm ready after seeing all of the great stuff others did.

Meryem Ersoz
June 5th, 2006, 12:57 PM
kill me if you must, br'er dylan, but please oh please don't throw me in dat briar patch.....

Dick Mays
June 5th, 2006, 02:20 PM
I'm at the beach next week. Also have plans for the 4th of July. I suggest kicking it off on June 22 or July 6th, because after all, shouldn't we be trying to accomodate my schedule?

Michael Fossenkemper
June 5th, 2006, 05:02 PM
As long as we're posting our schedules, i'm not available until july. hahaha.

Dylan Couper
June 5th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Funny you mention it, it has been on my mind a lot lately. I've got 4 good ideas to change it up and have been tossing them around in my head for the last week.

I'm not going to make them public (although if you were one of the lucky DVCers at NAB, you'll know two of them), but I am open to any ideas other people have to throw out there. Actually, don't throw them out there, email them to me!

Sean McHenry
June 6th, 2006, 08:11 AM
Bring it on. I'm soon to be back in the saddle and ready for love... wait. That doesn't make sense.

Anyway, bring it on.

Sean McHenry

Michael Fossenkemper
June 6th, 2006, 08:16 AM
Have you been watching Broke Back mountain?

Lorinda Norton
June 6th, 2006, 10:35 AM
LOL, Michael! Sean, I think maybe you've been working too hard... :)
I've got 4 good ideas to change it up and have been tossing them around in my head for the last week.

I'm not going to make them public (although if you were one of the lucky DVCers at NAB, you'll know two of them)
This NABster barely recalls conversations from yesterday--forget about one from the DVC get-together back in April. No advantage for me...

I'm trying to decide on travel dates but would like to get in on DVC6, so the sooner the start date is posted the happier I will be. :)

Jeff Tyler
June 6th, 2006, 09:50 PM
It would be cool to have one during the summer as I dont have to worry about school work.

LeEarl Rugland
June 6th, 2006, 11:07 PM
I agree. I missed the last few for no real reason and I am ready for the next one. I have watch enough now and ready to submit once again. I say we get one started so we can shoot through July 4th. It takes a while to get everyone signed up, so I think if possible you should start start one soon. But I do not work in the summer!! haha

LeEarl

Andrew Hood
June 7th, 2006, 02:18 AM
I'm looking forward to the next one, though I'll be away from home for the next 4 weeks. May be able to get back on the weekends - though using public transport so that limits things.

I vote for Dick's idea of early July, but then do what works for you Dylan, and I'll try to make something happen. Just have to get everything planned before a madly rushed shoot and edit weekend. That will be a real challenge.
We'll see if I have a working DV500 by then either - damn parts take too long to arrive for the repair people.

Hugh DiMauro
June 7th, 2006, 07:35 AM
This time around I want to do something completely different. I mean, total left field.

Steve Sturdevant
June 7th, 2006, 09:36 AM
This time around I want to do something completely different. I mean, total left field.

Cell phone cameras?
All hand held (no tripods)?
All indoors?
A single take for 3 minutes?
No actors?
Silent? (music only) (Sound effects only)
Still frames only (no video)?

Meryem Ersoz
June 7th, 2006, 09:58 AM
)
Still frames only (no video)?

been there, done that.....

http://ia310117.us.archive.org/2/items/dirMErsozplanetEproductionsinc/StillLifeSequence_1MPEG4_Improved_NTSC_Large_Progressive.mp4

a single take for 3 minutes might be interesting....

Hugh DiMauro
June 8th, 2006, 12:11 PM
Hmmm... A single three minute take... Wow. I Like! A camera phone variation was done with a still camera in "movie" mode.

Three minute take... hmmm. (Smell the wood burning, folks?)

Michael Fossenkemper
June 8th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Sorry Hugh, that was my brain frying.

Dylan Couper
June 12th, 2006, 12:53 PM
Ok, got a couple good choices for DVC6... Now I just have to nail down a start time.

Lorinda Norton
June 12th, 2006, 01:14 PM
*subliminal message to Dylan's mind* July is good......July is good.... :)

Mike Teutsch
June 12th, 2006, 08:39 PM
I heard these voices in my head today, at about 3:14pm! They kept saying something about July being good, July being good! Anyone else have the same problem?????????????

Mike

Michael Fossenkemper
June 12th, 2006, 10:05 PM
ahhhh, I heard it too... The voices said, July is good. I'm not sure what it meant at the time, but now I know.

Dylan Couper
June 12th, 2006, 10:28 PM
I heard these voices in my head today, at about 3:14pm!

Sure you weren't hearing them at 4:20 ? :)

Ok, July could be good.

Sean McHenry
July 26th, 2006, 10:11 AM
Somehow that message got a bit filtered in my head and came out something like "Judy's in the hood". Took a while but I think it got crossed with the song on the radio and the script I am working on. Did your voice sound more like a very large ant?

I'm wondering about those mushrooms on that pizza right now.

Wait, I am getting a message from a "Major Tom"? He keeps saying to tell the Times he wears Polo shirts?

Ah well, back to hightly detailed and technical work with dangerous chemicals and sharp objects.

Sean