View Full Version : DVC'ers at NAB

Pages : 1 [2]

Edward Troxel
April 30th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Hugh, that he is! I'll have to start looking in this forum more often and find some way to let him *star*.

Hugh DiMauro
April 30th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Hey Mike, Dylan is a very handsome fellow who can do alot of "networking" in whatever venue he chooses. I do not believe, for one second, that he struck out. No siree. The camera (and the girls) love him. I am sure the stories he has to tell will delight all. He da man!

;-)

Once again, I loved this trip. Makes New Jersey a bit more tolerable. At least for the time being.

Congrats to all of the DVC Fivers!

Dean Sensui
April 30th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Lorinda... Don't know if I'll enter a DV Challenge because of all the other stuff I'm doing. But if I ever have the time I might.

Was great seeing everyone. Peppers is a pretty nice place. Great choice, Chris. I wonder how they get that water to burn like that in the circular fireplace. It's a miracle of physics...

Unfortunately I had to split early on the evening of the great secret meeting due to an assignment horrendously early the next morning. Had to get up at 2:30 a.m. to get to Lake Mead by 5 a.m. Was interesting seeing the guides catch bass mostly because of the characters involved.

Also, those bass boats are incredibly fast. Something like 60 to 70 mph! I'm used to being on boats that don't go much more than 16 knots because of the water conditions in Hawaii. All the while I was thinking of those film clips where the boat goes airborne and blows up on impact. Mike... unfortunately those boats aren't made to fly.

Next time around it'll be strictly for the NAB convention. There's just too much to see, and not enough time. For anyone seriously considering upgrading or buying really expensive gear, there's no place like this to get a thorough, hands-on comparative experience. And the people who know the equpiment best are right there to guide you along and answer questions.

This was only my second one but it won't be my last.

My only disappointment was not hitting the big one on that Megabucks machine. I just don't understand why it didn't pay off! :-)