View Full Version : Suggestion for Feedback Threads?

William Gardner
April 15th, 2006, 09:45 AM
If I may make a humble suggestion regarding the feedback threads.

A few times I've watched one of the films and wanted to respond in the feedback thread while my thoughts were fresh, only to find that the thread had not yet been started by the film's director.

May I suggest that folks start their feedback threads even if their film hasn't yet been posted, so that comments can be provided as soon as it is available?

Or is there a reason to do it differently?

Just my 2 cents...
Thanks,
Bill

Volker Krieger
April 15th, 2006, 10:37 AM
Another possibility is to start a feedback thread although you are not the author of the entry...

William Gardner
April 15th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Yeah, but then I thought that there might be some folks who for whatever reason don't want a feedback thread for their short film...???

Bill

Volker Krieger
April 15th, 2006, 11:04 AM
You might be right. I think, we must wait until the authors start a thread by themselves.

Dylan Couper
April 16th, 2006, 02:36 PM
We'll have a seperate sub-forum for feedback shortly, and then if you want to post un-official feedback threads about specific films then I don't see why you can't.

Meryem Ersoz
April 18th, 2006, 10:09 AM
since the DV challenge is getting so full of entries, we should all submit feedback threads when we submit our films. or something to solve the issue of entries without threads. because i'm watching films for which there are no threads, so i'm not sure at this point whether i'm going to retroactively post feedback or not, if the entrant eventually does post a thread. i'd like to, but it does take time, and it is so much easier to post your first response than to have to remember it.

with fewer entries, this wasn't an issue. but it gets harder to keep your thoughts orderly, especially when your thoughts aren't too dang orderly to begin with....!

Chris Hurd
May 2nd, 2006, 11:22 PM
We'll have a seperate sub-forum for feedback shortly, Okay, depends on your definition of "shortly," but here ya go:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/forumdisplay.php?f=117