View Full Version : Howdy from Longmont, Colorado

Chris Milan
April 11th, 2006, 02:50 PM
I am Chris Milan from Longmont Colorado.

I am currently involved in setting up online and cd/DVD training for Children's Hospital. I am a newbie to Video (about a year and a half).

I use a Canon GL-2 (love it), most of SeriousMagic Products, Vegas and DVD Architect and multiple Dell Computers (Laptop favorite is my XPS).

Do not hessitate to contact me regarding whatever...

Regards,

Chris Milan

Lorinda Norton
April 11th, 2006, 10:53 PM
Welcome, Chris!

Don't know where Longmont is (if I wasn't lazy I'd look it up), but if it's anywhere near Colorado Springs I may be in your neck of the woods later this year. Got relatives there, one of whom wants me to shoot a little movie with him. Love the Rockies!

Have fun shooting!! :)

Sean January
April 12th, 2006, 12:20 AM
Welcome Chris,

I'm in Denver via Littleton. I work for one of the local stations and do a little freelance stuff on the side. Glad to have you aboard.

Greg Bartlett
April 12th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Hi Chris,

I'm just north of you in Loveland. Feel free to contact me if you want to get together for lunch or coffee sometime.

Regards,

Greg

Erik Rangel
April 12th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Hey guys, I'm in Golden
If anyone is planning on shooting any shorts or features, count me in.

Meryem Ersoz
April 12th, 2006, 10:56 AM
hi chris, welcome!

hi erik!

nice to see the front range well-represented....

anyone up for collaborating on DVC6? just around the corner....

Greg Bartlett
April 12th, 2006, 11:06 AM
I was just looking at when the 48 hour film festival was headed to Denver... No date yet, that I can find.

Maybe we should chat, I would definitely be in on DVC6 or some other event.

Regards,

Greg

Erik Rangel
April 12th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Yep, count me in.
You guys want to meet for beers sometime?

Greg Bartlett
April 12th, 2006, 11:53 AM
I'm always up for a beer. Any suggestions on a central location? I'm happy to meet in boulder or North Denver or wherever really, I'm just not familiar with any good places...

Greg

Erik Rangel
April 12th, 2006, 01:00 PM
Maybe Meryem can suggest some place in Boulder, I don't really know my way around there.
The only place I could think of to go is CB&Potts in westminster.
http://www.cbpotts.com/westminster.php
Is that somewhat in the middle?
It'd be pretty cool if we could get a big DVINFO crowd together.

Meryem Ersoz
April 12th, 2006, 03:05 PM
a colorado dvinfo gathering is a good idea. let me give this a bit of thought. i shoulda thought of this last year, when i was invested in a restaurant and we could have done it for free. darn it...

still, boulder has several good options....

Greg Bartlett
April 13th, 2006, 08:55 AM
CB&Potts works for me and boulder is cool too. Looking forward to it.

Greg

Meryem Ersoz
April 13th, 2006, 09:38 AM
cb&potts is okay, i was thinking something along the lines of the west end tavern or something else with enough rooftop or outdoor seating to enjoy the colorado sunshine. nothing goes better with libations....

head count? shall we start a new thread on this? instead of hijacking chris' thread? if we get a lot of folks, we should probably give the tavern of choice a bit of advance notice.

in fact, let me e-mail chris hurd about putting up a forum to initiate local or regional gatherings. i think it is a great idea...dvxuser has this. we should, too. if he does it, we're likely to get an even better turn-out, because not everyone reads the newbies links....

Greg Bartlett
April 13th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Great ideas, new thread and or new forum would be great. We can credit Chris with the genesis.

The sun is shining very nicely today, I might ad.

Regards,

Greg

Erik Rangel
April 13th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Something outside sounds good, but remember beer tends to get skunky in the sun...so we'll just have to drink them fast. :)

Meryem Ersoz
April 13th, 2006, 12:24 PM
or switch to the more sun-friendly and alcohol-intensive margarita!

i e-mailed chris--don't expect to hear back from him too quickly, what with the shoot-out and NAB approaching. which doesn't stop us from doing our own thing, so i started a separate, designated thread. check it out here, and those of you who posted here, post there so we can show the level of interest to those who are not reading this thread:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?p=463563#post463563

thanks for letting us squat on your thread, chris....

Chris Milan
April 14th, 2006, 04:53 AM
Please include me if possible in this group. I appriciate the nice welcome and look forward to meeting each of you.

Chris

Paul Carlberg
April 19th, 2006, 08:16 AM
Colorado Videoheads,

Count me in as I'd like to meet all of you.

Paul from Aurora

Brian Miller
May 3rd, 2006, 05:10 PM
I just sent an email to Meryem off list. I am a videographer as well, and live in Lafayette. GL-2, Premiere, lots of sound and lighting equipment, etc.

I am a Group101 Colorado director, and am also involved with the 24 Hour Shootout as well.

Please keep me informed of any gatherings!

my email: bmiller025@aol.com

Don DesJardin
May 17th, 2006, 11:03 PM
Hello, I'm Don DesJardin currently living in Ventura, California. Ventura is coastal town located about half way between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara. Hopefully in the next few months I'll be selling out in Ventura and looking forward relocating to Canon City, Colorado. I'm currently stuck in the 4:3 SD world with an XL1 coupled with a Nikon 80-400mm. When the house sells, I plan to take a few $$ and invest in a XL H1. I have been concentrating mostly on bird documentation, but also have been dabbling in butterflies and the world of macro. I have done a few 1 hour bird "eye candy" video programs for the local Audubon groups around Southern California, but beyond that, most all of my shooting has been a hobby and a great way to get out in the field and relax. I'm very much looking forward to Colorado and the diverse habitat and bird life it has to offer.

Don Hoye
June 10th, 2006, 06:47 PM
heys flat landers
Westcliffe here.
Sony HVR-A1U
Dual Core 3.o Ghz
2Gig Ram
1.2 Terabyte Storage
Adobe production bundle
all available for any interesting ideas
working on some music vids and concert stuff this summer
plan on doing my opus at some time
give a shout
don

Andrew Kemler
February 14th, 2007, 01:46 PM
I did learn a few things in LA, but I will be happy to bid it farewell. Hoping to meet people that work in video production, like myself. I edit (FCP) and have worked in post for years (south park). graduated from CU- boulder in film production. I promise I won't bring any more californians with me (besides my wife).

thanks
andy kemler

Rob Lohman
February 15th, 2007, 06:17 AM
Hi Don, welcome aboard DV Info Net, good to have you with us!

Erik Rangel
February 15th, 2007, 04:35 PM
Hey Andrew,
Welcome Back!
I've often thought about going out to L.A. but just can't bring myself to do it.
I figure you can make movies anywhere but there are way more production jobs out there than here...or maybe I haven't looked hard enough:)
E.

Andrew Kemler
February 17th, 2007, 12:16 PM
thanks eric..I tell people..only go to LA if you know exactly what you intend to do when you get there..(dp/editor/raise $ for feature/etc.) I moved to LA not knowing what the hell I wanted to do and spent 7 years working really hard for little money and zero enjoyment while credit card bills pilled up. but now I'm an ediitor and make little money but enjoy it.