View Full Version : I'm back baby!

Dylan Couper
April 10th, 2006, 04:44 AM
Made it back alive!
Great trip, but good to be home. I'm under some serious jet lag and recovering from some serious food poisoning (Thanks Luftansa!) I just took a skim through the submissions and counted 25-30 entries (some duplicates).
I will do my very best to start posting these this week, along with judging instructions.

That's it for now, I'll post my travel story in a seperate thread later.
Cheers!

D

Dick Mays
April 10th, 2006, 06:18 AM
Welcome back, your dreams were your ticket out
Welcome back, to that same old place that you laughed about
Well the names have all changed since you hung around
But those dreams have remained and they've turned around
Who'd have thought they'd lead ya
(who'd have thought they'd lead ya)
Back here where we need ya
(back here where we need ya)
Yeah we tease him a lot cause we got him on the spot
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back, welcome back
Welcome back, welcome back, welcome back

Sean McHenry
April 10th, 2006, 07:53 AM
I can name that show from the first line you sweathogs you.

Yeah, glad to hear you didn't end up as Lion chow. Ever see "The Veldt". Old Ray Bradbury story.

So, take a few minutes for yourself before you start wading through the entries. I figure if everyone came in at exactly 5 minutes, and you are right in that there are 25 actual entries, you've got about 2.08 hours of short films to smile through. Good luck with that.

So, hope you had a good time while we were all sweating it out till the last possible second here. If you want some fun reading, check out the thread on "what did we learn". Mostly I think we learned if you give us enough time, we'll put it off till the last 48 hours and rush like mad people.

Good to have you back on this side of the equator.

Rob Lohman
April 10th, 2006, 07:55 AM
Good to hear you're back safe and sound Dylan! Shoot me an e-mail will ya?

Meryem Ersoz
April 10th, 2006, 07:59 AM
looking forward to the travel story. hope it was full of wild times and amazing footage. welcome back....

now i have that dang song stuck in my head, thanks for that! arrr....

Lorinda Norton
April 10th, 2006, 08:49 AM
Welcome home, Dylan!!! All is right with the world again. :) Can't wait to hear about the trip!

Bradley L Marlow
April 10th, 2006, 09:06 AM
Hi Dylan- Welcome home! Nice to know you made it back in nearly one piece. Sorry to hear about the food poisoning. I KNOW how unpleasant that can be.

Anyone for a "Dylan DV Challenge"? Perhaps 30 days to take all that footage from Africa and make a 5 minute film on Reflections? Is this an evil plan? Muuhahahahaha!

Philip Gioja
April 10th, 2006, 09:17 AM
Sounds good to me -- I'll vote on that one!

Hugh DiMauro
April 10th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Welcome Back, Bro-heem! You're with family again.

Mark Utley
April 10th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Welcome back! Hope you get feeling better.

Edward Slonaker
April 10th, 2006, 10:38 AM
Welcome back, Dylan!

Hmmm...food poisoning from honey roasted peanuts???? Well, hope ya get to feelin' better soon.

Hugo Pinto
April 10th, 2006, 10:49 AM
Welcome back, Dylan!

How'd you find the strange feeling of seeing the sun set on the other half of the world? Did it make you reflect about life? ;)

Cheers,

Hugo

Richard Zlamany
April 10th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Glad you are back. Happy you made it home safe and sorry about the food poisoning. Hope you feel well soon. :-)

Michael Fossenkemper
April 10th, 2006, 08:48 PM
Damit, I told them to give the pilot of the plane the bad food. I was hoping he'd get sick and you'd be delayed and we would all have a couple of days to do some more work. Damn those skychef's.

Chris Hurd
April 10th, 2006, 09:30 PM
I just knew those bribes would work to get you out of that foreign jail. Welcome back to Cananada,

Sean McHenry
April 10th, 2006, 10:02 PM
I had a GREAT line to use here but, I don't want the newer members of the group to get the wrong idea about poor old Dylan so, I won't mention "that episode"...

Just watched Soylent Green Sunday afternoon. The Scoops are standing by. Also watched Big Trouble in Little China again. Great dialog in that one. On par with Airplane and Monty Python. Blessed are the cheese makers, but I digress, as always.

Sean

Andrew Hood
April 11th, 2006, 02:51 AM
Good to see things are back in capable hands. So if jet lag isn't messing with your head, a bunch of strange (OK mine is anyway) short films will soon tip you over the edge.

Good thing you're back in one piece though. Detachable Dylan might be kind of scary, or funny.

No pressure or anything. Time for us to find other distractions until the videos are sorted, and whenever DVC6 will happen. Once alcohol has replenished some will power perhaps.

Mike Teutsch
April 11th, 2006, 08:15 AM
Welcome back my friend! Rest up some before you dig into the movies too deep.

See you in Vegas.

Mike

Dylan Couper
April 14th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Just a note, I'll be away for the weekend, so one of the other DVinfo moderators will post the weekend films (I hope!)

Michael Fossenkemper
April 14th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Dylan, thanks so much for getting this going before the weekend. This being my first film and my first DVC, I was really excited to see everyones take on it. Now I have a whole weekend to kick back, eat some popcorn and watch some short films.