View Full Version : How's the progress?

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Mark Utley
April 8th, 2006, 04:25 AM
Done! It turned out better than I thought it would.

Volker Krieger
April 8th, 2006, 01:43 PM
My piece is online now. Duration 2 minutes. No story, little sense ;-) I'm looking forward to the other entries!

Richard Zlamany
April 8th, 2006, 05:56 PM
I too am finished. I almost gave up a few times. Good luck to all.

Steve Sturdevant
April 8th, 2006, 08:59 PM
I'm not entered, I was too late, but I did one anyway.

I'm looking forward to seeing the others.

Sean McHenry
April 8th, 2006, 09:21 PM
OK, it's 11:14pm according to my electronic Mickey device and I am still waiting on the effect rendering of the semi final version. I suppose shuffeling the clips in the timeline didn't help but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

So once that pass is done, I'm guessing about 11:50pm that will be done. That leaves about 1 minute to add the music credit and export it as a QT Ref file to Sorenson, hopefully spitting out a Windows media file in about 2 minutes with a minute to get it on the web site and send the link which should leavee me about 60 seconds to play with.

That's what happens when you don't have an idea until 2 days before I suppose.

Should be on just in time.

Sean McHenry

Kris Holodak
April 8th, 2006, 09:25 PM
Not to encourage procrastination, but isn't Dylan west coast? I always assumed his watch was the official one, which buys you a few hours.

Joe Winchester
April 8th, 2006, 09:38 PM
Yes, it did say midnight PST.

Luckily, I finished on Thursday :P

Bradley L Marlow
April 8th, 2006, 09:54 PM
Yeah Sean- You still have time. It's 12PST so you can do it!

Bruce Broussard
April 8th, 2006, 10:44 PM
Written on bar napkins Thursday night. Started filiming about 11:00 am today (saturday) and just now rendering (its 11:44). We will just finish. Better late than never.

Sean McHenry
April 8th, 2006, 11:26 PM
DOH! yes that is right. Good. I think I can redo the encode better. I like it. I am going to be very curious as to what you all think. Thing is, it's dreamlike and as such, the imagery is all special to me. I get a creepy vibe from it myself and yet it's all stuff that's in me. I wonder what David Lynch dreams of? Severed ears, nitrous sniffing goons, creepy tiny people coming under his door at night?

So, I will drop one credit and re-encode. It is up and posted however. Love to share it with you all but that's a no-no for now. I may send the link to a few friends on the list for advanced, non-competition related critique.

One of my favorite quotes: never put off till tomorrow what you can put off today.

See you all at 3am.

Sean

Sean McHenry
April 9th, 2006, 12:48 AM
Done. Posted. 13 minutes left on the clock. Message sent. Judges, if you didn't get the link, let me know.

Sean McHenry

Bed time.

Steve Shilson
April 9th, 2006, 01:24 AM
congrats Sean! haha

I've been paranoid about my email with the links somehow not sending. meh, guess we'll see!

Mark Utley
April 9th, 2006, 01:33 AM
Wow, my server keeps crashing. I sent the link to a bunch of friends and I don't think my site can handle it.

On a more positive note, the "premiere party" Tyler Baptist and I had went pretty well. He did a good job!

Rob Lohman
April 9th, 2006, 03:53 AM
Good to hear everything is going so well for the most of you! I've not received
word that Dylan is back so I guess you will all have to wait a little more for
confirmation that your entry was received.

Hugo Pinto
April 9th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Well,
I´m officially glueing myself to the Wall Of Shame on this one.

From DVC#3 nominee to DVC#5 Wall Of Shamer... oh well.

My acting crew ran away on my last possible shooting weekend - this one. I was still trying to find a simple concept to shoot myself, but ended up too demoralized to do it. Lesson learned: get strong commitment from your actors beforehand. If needed, tie them up.

And don't wait for your or their lame excuses to trash the whole thing and do a "Plan B" flick as soon as possible.

Waiting for the next one.

Hugo

Robert Kirkpatrick
April 9th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Finished! With 6 minutes to spare! I emailed the Hotmail address at 11:54 pm PST last night. It's a 15MB Quicktime -- I didn't have time to render another, lower res version. I was watching the rendering time for the whole last thirty minutes. The 'render time left' kept climbing, and I thought I wouldn't make it -- but when it hit the credits, the time suddenly dropped.

Now, I need sleep. Lots of sleep. Oh, and I still need to do my taxes. :)

Sean McHenry
April 9th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Filed federal and state electronically from the "main" PC while the laptop, which is actually must faster, was crunching the final renders. It's parked in Windows Media format (Someone really should come up with a Linux Media Format just because) at about 16meg. It's native widescreen and looks decent for a 4+ minute piece.

For those that hit the wall, I was prepared to just shoot a minute of the city skyline reflected in a puddle with some nonsensical VO, which actually sounds like a strangely interesting idea. Would have kept you off the wall, but then, I suppose I appreciate, as will the judges, plowing through fluff pieces just to keep off the wall. It's a toss up.

I'm going to start a new thread and ask how many finished on this one. See another thread, appropriatly titled as such.

Sean McHenry