View Full Version : What's your top 10 "most bizzare" film scenes of all time?

Pages : 1 [2]

Brian Standing
May 30th, 2006, 03:13 PM
"Eraser Head"
well- they were all bizzar. The one that really weirded me out was the scene where the blonde girl with the over-sized cheeks lovingly danced and stomped --what I can only call over-sized sperm-- on a theater stage to piano music.
Jeff

Yikes! I still have nightmares about that scene in Eraserhead! That one tops my list.

Here's the rest for me (in no particular order):
2. The "chicken-rape" scene from John Waters' "Pink Flamingos;"

3. The "singing rectum" scene, also from "Pink Flamingos" (it's actually astounding that Waters was allowed near a camera again after that movie!)

4. The very end of "Two-Lane Blacktop," starring musicians Brian Wilson and James Taylor. A cool, movie about drag racers suddenly gets very, very, very psychedelic and very strange, and then stops abruptly, for no particular reason at all.

5. Sandra Bernhard torturing Jerry Lewis in Scorsese's "King of Comedy."

6. The last 10 minutes of the Marx Brothers' "Duck Soup."

7. Tom Waits meets Alberto Begnini for the first time in Jim Jarmusch's "Down By Law."

8. The very end of "Easy Rider." Otherwise known as "How on earth can we end this movie? I know! Let's just have them crash and die!"

9. I saw a couple of mentions of "Apocalypse Now," but no mention of two of the weirdest scenes ever committed to cinema: Robert Duvall bombing the hell out of the Viet Cong just to find a place to surf ("Charlie don't surf!") and the end, where Martin Sheen rises out of the river to assassinate Marlon Brando.

10. The "growing sands" scene from Errol Morris' "Vernon Florida."

11. Werner Herzog goes slowly insane ("I'm surrounded by fornicating nature!") in Les Blank's "Burden of Dreams."

Keith Loh
May 30th, 2006, 05:54 PM
8. The very end of "Easy Rider." Otherwise known as "How on earth can we end this movie? I know! Let's just have them crash and die!"

9. I saw a couple of mentions of "Apocalypse Now," but no mention of two of the weirdest scenes ever committed to cinema: Robert Duvall bombing the hell out of the Viet Cong just to find a place to surf ("Charlie don't surf!") and the end, where Martin Sheen rises out of the river to assassinate Marlon Brando.

If by bizarre you mean these examples are illogical I think you are wrong on "Easy Rider":

On "Easy Rider", I don't know why you think that ending is abrupt. Things are going wrong for these guys all the way through the movie. Their arc is heading straight downwards. Life is wrong for these guys and the whole world is bound to bring them to a bad end. Their lifestyle is clashing with their environment and the social conflict at the time. It is just a question of how they get it. Also, this is a movie set in its times where events like that did happen. Bikers and hippies were getting rousted about anywhere they went.

Robert Gradisen
June 11th, 2006, 11:41 AM
"7. Tom Waits meets Alberto Begnini for the first time in Jim Jarmusch's "Down By Law."

Its Roberto Benini

and all of Takeshi Miike`s films are just too cool
also Sante Sangre and El Topo good strange films ( the emphasis on good as strange could be seen as a way of breaking new ground in cinema plus I dig strange)

Tim Borek
June 16th, 2006, 11:23 AM
In "River's Edge," Dennis Hopper's character, Feck, gets upset by the way the high-school punks are treating his blow-up doll. And then there's Crispin Glover's manic performance. Overall, a great but disturbing film that hit close to home for me, as I was a high-schooler myself going through a strained family life when the movie was released. Keanu Reeves starred in this movie before he became a big box office draw.

T.J.

Kelly Goden
June 16th, 2006, 05:42 PM
Seed of Chucky.

The entire movie is one grand bizarro fest.

But maybe the pinnacle moment is when the tabloid photographer John Waters captures Chucky upstairs in Jennifer Tilly's house, doing something with a Fangoria magazine.

If you havent seen it-I wont say anymore.

Ian Mora
July 26th, 2006, 05:31 PM
1. Lost Highway: Bill Pullman's transformation into Balthazar Getty.
2. Audition: The whole last 30 minutes - Holy sh@#t I thought this was a love story!!
3. Oldboy: The guy bones his own daughter, MAN!! C'mon!!
4. Requiem for a Dream: Jared Leto's infected arm
5. Happiness of the Katakuris: The schoolgirl suffocating under the sumo, heart-attack victim
6. Eraserhead: The whole thing
7. Lonestar: The guy bones his own sister, MAN!! C'mon!!
8. Spun: Mena Suvari trying to wrestle out a turd. Oh and that dude from "Almost Famous" eating the frozen steak.
9. I'll Sleep When I'm Dead: Malcolm McDowell giving it to Jonathon Rhys Meyers for apparently no reason.
10. Antonia's Line: The whole town let's this guy go around raping everybody without doing anything about it,.....including his own sister, MAN!! C'mon!!

Ian Mora
July 26th, 2006, 05:35 PM
I completely overlooked The Doom Generation,....there are many graphic scenes to mention but I wont.

Crispin Glover in "Wild at Heart" Shoving the bugs down his pants and acting like his typical freaky self.

Robert Gradisen
July 27th, 2006, 08:06 AM
the barbed wire swallowing scene (twice) in Kim Ki Duks` "The Isle" ,this was apparently one of Alexander Jodorowskis` ( "Sante Sangre","El Topo","Holy Mountain") favourate scenes in a movie,
the scene in "Dead or Alive" ( Takeshi Miike) where the yakuza boss drowns a prostitute in an inflatable wading pool of feces, this one I found to be one of the most disturbing scenes in a movie

maybe not bizzar but definatly sick and shocking

Patrick McAvoy
November 3rd, 2006, 07:51 AM
Somebody already mentioned Oldboy but the scene that'll always stick with me is at the end when the main character snaps, cuts out his own tongue and begins acting like a dog.

Bizzare.

Tho the scene where he beats like 50 guys in a hallway, all with a knife sticking out of his back was pretty sweet.

And to add to the list -

Mickey Mouse's early cartoons. The one's where he basically beats Minnie, drinks and smokes, abuses animals in all kinds of ways. Crazy to see when you've grown up with the Mickey we all know today.

The death scenes in Suspiria, especially the blind piano player and the girl who was being chased and "escaped" through the air vent.

Frank Howard
December 12th, 2006, 07:18 PM
I can't believe nobody has mentioned Mesa of the Lost Women. The whole movie is a bizarre scene. But Tarantella's dance...

Then there is the scene in Pirhana II where the torch bearing tourists are marching to the beach chanting "we want fish" whereupon a bunch of FLYING piranhas tear their throats out.

Best flying piranha motion picture ever made in my opinion.