View Full Version : Anyone live near Cincinnati, Ohio for comparison test(FX1 and HC1 or A1)

Jon Omiatek
January 17th, 2006, 12:10 PM
I have a FX1 and would like to do a side by side test of the HC1 or A1.

If you have one and a couple of hours to capture footage, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jon

Alexander Karol
January 17th, 2006, 04:00 PM
I would love to see some detailed comparisons between the models. Someone begun doing a comparison between the HC1 and A1 at another forum, but he disappeared.

Someone please arrange a meeting. :)

Brian Rhodes
January 17th, 2006, 06:03 PM
I have an Hvr-a1u just ordered a HDR-Fx1 when I Recieved the FX-1 I will do a comparison and post the footage.

Jon Omiatek
January 18th, 2006, 10:17 AM
I have an Hvr-a1u just ordered a HDR-Fx1 when I Recieved the FX-1 I will do a comparison and post the footage.

Awesome, that would be great! I am going to buy a third hdv camera and wanted to know if the HC1 would work.

Jon

Brian Rhodes
January 24th, 2006, 05:38 PM
I received the HDR-FX1 today. This weekend I will do the comparison and post early next week. I probably go to the rain forest in Galveston shot the Parrot display and the Bat display for low light comparison.

Alexander Karol
January 24th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Awesome Brian. Looking forward to those clips. :)

Jon Omiatek
January 25th, 2006, 12:18 PM
Awesome Brian. Looking forward to those clips. :)

Great. I was going to go to best buy or sony store and test my fx1 vs the cmos camera they have on display.

Look forward to a comparison.

Thanks,

Jon

Brian Rhodes
February 3rd, 2006, 09:23 PM
The footage on the attached link was shot on auto mode with both cams

The low light footage (bat cave) on the HVR-A1U was change at the end of the clip from full auto to manual to reduce gain.

My opinion the quality of the Hvr-A1U is almost equal to the HDR_FX1 In a well lit environment.

In low light the Fx-1 is the winner.
The A1 (auto mode) in the bat cave gain went to max. Producing grain in the image, I then set the gain to manual producing a better shot.

I WAS SURPRISED HOW GOOD THE A1 PREFORMED IN LOW LIGHT.

I shot a wedding last weekend with the A1U Everything turn out great even the low light reception footage. If I had to pick one of the cameras it would be the A1U Because of its lighter weight and size.

AI AND FX1 RAIN FOREST FOOTAGE
http://www.dvdaction.net/

Jon Omiatek
February 6th, 2006, 06:32 AM
Thanks for putting that demo section together!

Jon

Brian Rhodes
February 26th, 2006, 06:44 PM
The footage on the attached link was shot on auto mode with both cams

The low light footage (bat cave) on the HVR-A1U was change at the end of the clip from full auto to manual to reduce gain.

My opinion the quality of the Hvr-A1U is almost equal to the HDR_FX1 In a well lit environment.

In low light the Fx-1 is the winner.
The A1 (auto mode) in the bat cave gain went to max. Producing grain in the image, I then set the gain to manual producing a better shot.

I WAS SURPRISED HOW GOOD THE A1 PREFORMED IN LOW LIGHT.

I shot a wedding last weekend with the A1U Everything turn out great even the low light reception footage. If I had to pick one of the cameras it would be the A1U Because of its lighter weight and size.

AI AND FX1 RAIN FOREST FOOTAGE
http://www.dvdaction.net/ TEMP. REMOVED CLIPS WILL REPOST WED. WITH NEW LINK