View Full Version : Looking for 12 pin camera to Cinedeck cables

Joe Gill
August 7th, 2019, 02:46 PM
Need 2 for a kit I just picked up

Joe Gill
August 7th, 2019, 10:49 PM
If I can't find a set here, I was going to get two made, as well as a set of 12p-Ethernet cables - what's the practical length for the 12-12 cables? Is the wiring really one to one as the diagram seems to indicate?

Chris Hurd
August 8th, 2019, 07:30 AM
I was going to recommend having them made up locally.

There's a rental house in Austin that makes their own cables, and to me they look better and stronger than the originals, plus whatever custom length you need.

How long is the run between your camera and CineDeck? I think the common cable lengths are six, twelve and twenty feet.

Joe Gill
August 8th, 2019, 07:40 AM
Thanks man - super excited to shoot with these! I was going to have a Chinese place that made some cables for my R1MX make them, but if you want to send me the info for your local place, I'll try them as well.

Chris Hurd
August 8th, 2019, 09:37 AM
You bet. It's Omega Broadcast in Austin, TX:

https://www.omegabroadcast.com/contact/

Most of them are at the local Texas Assoc. Broadcasters show today but there should be somebody manning the phones anyway.

The owner is David Fry, tell him I sent ya, and ask him if Omega can build you some cables. I know they do plenty of them in-house. They may or may not be able to assist you but it's worth a shot. Hope this helps,

Joe Gill
August 8th, 2019, 02:11 PM
Thanks man!