View Full Version : Looking to a new forum..

John C Cha
October 24th, 2005, 08:14 AM
Movie making on DV while often criticized for not having the picture quality of film, brings you back to the story. I often marvel at how so much energy is lost on storytelling this way. Hello everyone!

Shaughan Flynn
October 24th, 2005, 08:46 AM
Welcome aboard, John!

John C Cha
October 25th, 2005, 08:09 PM
It's really funny, but I have been on crew with the XL-1, XL-2, DVX100A, PDX10, PD150, op'ed a GL2, op'ed a really old TV camera, worked on crew with ArriflexII, and recently helped on a shoot with a BL3.

I'll bite my tongue now and get back to filmmaking topics!

Chris Hurd
October 26th, 2005, 10:15 AM
Hi John, welcome to DV Info Net. Sounds like you've had your hands on a variety of makes and models for DV and 35mm. No matter what kind of gear or type of technique you'd like to discuss, we pretty much cover all the bases here. Glad to have you with us.

John C Cha
October 26th, 2005, 09:00 PM
So there seems to be about three favorite contenders right now:

The JVC,
The Panasonic,
The Canon

not even mentioning the Dalsa or Arriflex HD or things like that. The gap between film and digital is increasingly becoming smaller, and those crazy shooting ratios on digital....

Just wait until real 3D projection comes around. There will be new and improved hardware flame wars.

No electrons were harmed in the posting of this message..

Chris Hurd
October 26th, 2005, 10:20 PM
There will be new and improved hardware flame wars.Um... no. There will be no flame wars here. Period. See our policy page (http://www.dvinfo.net/network/policy.php).