View Full Version : ciao from Italy

Sauro Scroglieri
February 16th, 2015, 10:04 AM
hi, just landed here while digging for info about PXW-X70.
glad to be accepted into this highly sophisticated forum (I'll have more questions than answers, I'm afraid!)
I've been filming underwater for some 25 years and after my retirement i extended my scope recording (no money, just fun) events for the local church, school and theater (not sure I did the right move: sharks are much, much more sympathetic than some nervous brides) .
I’m currently carrying a HXR-MC2000 but, you know, I’m getting older and I wish to buy something lighter (that's what I told my wife) so, X70 is knocking at my door (or "my heart" if you like).
I’ll be back soon with some dumb queries.
P.S. hey, did you notice? English is not my mother language so please forgive my phrase botching ;-)

sauro

Chris Hurd
February 17th, 2015, 06:11 AM
Benvenuto Sauro!

I love your statement about sharks and brides. And there is no such thing as a dumb question. Your English is much, much better than my Italian! Looking forward to your posts,

Anthony Lelli
February 17th, 2015, 08:32 AM
Ciao Sauro and welcome!
the mc2000 stays on your shoulder and is actually easier than the X70 (in my opinion, getting older too!). The X70 will stay in mid-air .. I mean... yeah: it needs a shoulder mount or some sort of support because it's NOT that "light" as it looks.
:)

just saying. but then the pictures will make you smile (that needs to be said too!)

Sauro Scroglieri
February 17th, 2015, 09:05 AM
Chris, thanks for your welcome!

about dumb questions: wait and see! :-)

sauro