View Full Version : GH4 Firmware update Dec 2014

Vincent Oliver
November 19th, 2014, 05:50 AM
Panasonic Announces the Firmware Update Program

for LUMIX DMC-GH4 and DMW-YAGH Interface Unit
Featuring Upgrades in HDMI/SDI* Output
*For DMW-YAGH

Today Panasonic announces the new firmware update program for the LUMIX G Interchangable lens camera, DMC-GH4. The firmware Ver.2.1 will be released to enhance the performance and controllability with upgraded functions of HDMI output, which will be highly valued in professional video production.

With this firmware, time code and recording control signal can be embedded to the HDMI output signal*. Now both FHD at 30p/25p native or at 60p/50p is selectable to output via HDMI while recording video in FHD at 30p/25p.

The Interface Unit DMW-YAGH will also be updated with the new firmware 1.1 to support these functional upgrades of GH4*. Plus, over 60i/50i (30PsF/25PsF) or 60p/50p is selectable for the output via SDI.

The new firmware programs are scheduled to be released with more information in detail at the following Panasonic Support Sites in December, 2014.

*These functions are available when DMC-GH4 or DMW-YAGH are connected with the products of ATOMOS Global Pty. Ltd. or the products complying with the extended specifications of ATOMOS Global Pty. Ltd..

LUMIX DMC-GH4 Firmware Ver.2.1 and DMW-YAGH Firmware Ver.1.1
DIGITAL CAMERA LUMIX | Digital AV | Consumer Products | Support | Panasonic Global (http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/dsc/)

Bo Skelmose
December 8th, 2014, 12:35 AM
My wish for christmas will be high speed out of GH4 via HDMI to the Shogun!

Patrick Jenner
December 17th, 2014, 05:19 PM
I hope it fixes that 50p only output issue. Even the 4K 25P mode is output as a 1080 50p signal via HDMI when downconvertion is turned on.

Bo Skelmose
December 18th, 2014, 12:13 AM
Panasonic now say January for the update!