View Full Version : Generic batteries not working!

Laurence Kingston
October 7th, 2005, 08:52 AM
I just bought three generic batteries. When they arrived the other day, I put them in and they worked fine, so I threw out the packing materials. Just this morning, I turned on the camera and got a "use real Sony batteries" message on the camcorder and it turned itself off. I guess I need to get some real Sony batteries! Has anyone had such a message using cheap Chinease Sony batteries off eBay? I don't care if they're really Sony or not, just as long as they can fool the camera!

Darin Aho
October 7th, 2005, 09:59 AM
Yep,
I had the same problem. I thought that the battery I bought was genuine Sony. The packaging and battery both looked genuine. Mine worked for like a minute, then flashed the "use Sony battery" message.

Graham Bernard
October 7th, 2005, 10:10 AM
That's one I've chalked up to my Canon XM2! YeeHaaa! Kinda beats your ability in low light over my camera - no problems . .. lol!

Grazie

Annie Haycock
August 8th, 2008, 04:21 AM
Revisiting this one - given that batteries and technologies could have changed over the last few years!

I'm looking for something cheaper than the Sony NP-QM91D for my HVR-A1e. Has anyone in the UK found a supplier of generic batteries that do work in this camera?

Thanks