View Full Version : DV Info Net Scheduled Downtime

Chris Hurd
March 8th, 2014, 10:52 AM
Howdy from Texas,

On Sunday 09 Mar 2014 DV Info Net will be moving to a harder, better, faster, stronger server. There will be some necessary downtime for this operation and as a result the forum will be closed temporarily during the move. The amount of downtime could be as little as 15 minutes for some folks and as long as six hours for others depending on how quickly the DNS changes propagate. We'll begin the migration at appx. 1500 GMT (that's 9am US central time). Thanks for your patience,

Pete Bauer
March 8th, 2014, 03:13 PM
Yikes, anything over 15 minutes away from DVi and I start to get the shakes! Best of luck for a smooth transition to the new servers, Chris.

Chris Hurd
March 8th, 2014, 06:17 PM
Actually, we snuck it in just now. The move is already completed, so I'll cancel that forum-wide announcement made earlier today.

:-)

Don Bloom
March 8th, 2014, 07:33 PM
Wow, that's great to hear. I was afraid I was going to have to talk to my wife tomorrow morning. I haven't done that in 45 years. ;-)

Ted Ramasola
March 8th, 2014, 07:49 PM
Withdrawal symptoms averted!

Steven Digges
March 9th, 2014, 08:19 PM
Chris,

Something is wrong. It still looks and acts exactly the same! Thank you for NOT gracing us with a brand new UI with bells and whistles we do not need here.

The only additional feature I would like to see is instant notifications for posts by Don Bloom. That is because he always makes me laugh.

Steve

Tim Lewis
March 9th, 2014, 09:34 PM
New server does not seem to mark threads read in the "New Posts" section once you have read them, like the old server did. Setting somewhere?