View Full Version : C300/500 custom hard case

Jim Martin
May 28th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Hey everyone-
We now have a custom hard case for the C300/500 available......it has 4 lens spots for CP2s and an additional inner cut to handle EF lenses (one being deeper to handle the 70-200mm) as well as everything else that comes with the camera....
Canon Cinema EOS C300 / C500 ATA Camera Case - Filmtools (http://www.filmtools.com/canon-eos-c300-camera-case.html)

Jim Martin
Filmtools.com

Jim Martin
June 9th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Since the last posting, the cases sold out.....but they are back in stock now.....

Jim Martin
Filmtools.com

Jim Martin
August 8th, 2012, 02:45 PM
We had been asked for a carry-on case for just the C300.....so now we have it! Using the carry-on approved Pelican 1510, we took the same custom foam out for the camera and put it in the Pelican.
Pelican C300 Carry On Case (for Canon C300 Camera) - Filmtools (http://www.filmtools.com/pelican-c300-carry-on-case.html)

It fits the camera w/ the hand grip on, the LCD/XLR unit, ac unit, 2 batteries, flash card case, etc. plus a small area that could take 1 or 2 small lenses....or what ever you want!

Jim Martin
Filmtools.com

David A. Fisher
August 8th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Hey Jim,

Will you be selling the custom foam by itself? I already have the 1510...

Jim Martin
August 9th, 2012, 10:30 AM
It's possible....the main problem is the foam has to be properly glued with the right glue (that won't eat the foam or case) into the 1510. As soon as I know something, I'll post.

Jim Martin
Filmtools.com

David A. Fisher
August 23rd, 2012, 03:33 PM
Hey Jim,

I just watched you film on the cases. One question:

You kept referring to the charger as a single AC/Charger unit. Is this something new? My current rig has a separate charger and separate AC unit (which is quite big actually).

Thanks,
Dave

Jim Martin
August 25th, 2012, 03:03 PM
David-
Most are just using the ac/charger unit. On the hard case, the hole is cut to take the bigger, AC only unit but the other fits in there too. Also, there is that small, open area in the lower right corner that can be used.

Jim Martin
Filmtools.com

Peter Lataster
August 27th, 2012, 09:17 AM
I've bought a Port-a-Brace rig case for my C300. They are making these cases on request of the Dutch firm Vocas. They had a lot of people asking for bags /cases that accommodate a fully equiped camera. The camera with hand held rig, EVF, etc. fits in it nicely. When I travel I take the camera apart and put it in my Tamrac bag.