View Full Version : Suggestions for Canon adapter?

John Vincent
January 22nd, 2012, 01:35 AM
I'm getting closer to taking the VG20 plunge, but I'm trying to figure out the actual total cost when everything is accounted for.

I use Canon glass, FD and EF, and am looking for the best bang for buck options.

The cheapest I found was here - $13.49:
Amazon.com: Canon EOS to Sony NEX Mount Adapter: Electronics

Little bit more - $15:
Amazon.com: RainbowImaging Canon lens to Sony NEX NEX-3 NEX-5 Camera Mount Adapter, (RainbowImaging Adapter): Camera & Photo

Fotodiox has the next step up at $25:
Amazon.com: Fotodiox Lens Mount Adapter, Canon EOS Lens to Sony Alpha Nex E-mount Camera Adapter, fit Sony NEX 3, Nex 5, NEX-VG10, fits EOS EF, and Efs lenses: Electronics

I'd like to get mounts for both FD and EOS lenses - anyone have any experience with these cheaper adapters?

Werner Graf
January 28th, 2012, 06:30 AM
I have 2 different types of them. I dont recommend the expensive 78£ adapter from gobido.cn. Here in the Pics. It's simply not working with VG20. Can not put it in the eMount Nex 5 and NEX 5 N it is possible to mount it properly. The other one from works ebay Store bondscamera.

Bill Bruner
January 28th, 2012, 01:09 PM
John - The only one I can personally vouch for is the Fotodiox. A quality adapter -- worked great with a rental VG20 and my Canon FD 50mm f1.8. Solid fit, but not so tight that it was difficult to remove. No wobbling.

Even though I don't have an NEX camera right now, I liked the Fotodiox enough that I'm hanging on to it for future rentals or purchases.

Hope this is helpful.

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution (http://hybridcamerarevolution.blogspot.com)