View Full Version : Clip Browser ver 2.6 and Mac OS Lion

David Morgan
November 19th, 2011, 09:52 AM
anyone have a link to compatibility? I need to upgrade my OS to Lion but still want to use Sony Clip Browser

thx

Les Wilson
November 19th, 2011, 12:36 PM
http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-xdcam-ex-cinealta/497416-xdcam-ex-final-cut-pro-x-lion-sony-2.html#post1666376

Doug Jensen
November 19th, 2011, 01:15 PM
David, you might want to abandon Clip Browser and move to XDCAM Browser 2.0 now.
You're going to have to switch sooner or later anyway because Clip Browser is no longer going to be supported or updated. One of these days it will cease to function after an Apple OS update breaks it.

I was a big critic of XDCAM Browser 1.0 when it came out last year, but almost all of my complaints have been addressed in 2.0. I've made the jump and am no longer using Clip Browser or XDCAM Transfer. Give XDCAM Browser a try.

I've been beta testing 2.0 for a few weeks and Sony tells me it will be online any day now at the USA site. In the mean time, I think you can get it from Canada. Sony of Canada: E-Support (http://support.sonybiz.ca/esupport/init.do)

David Morgan
November 19th, 2011, 02:46 PM
Hey thx to both of you for the info.
regards
dm

Dave Gosley
November 20th, 2011, 06:15 AM
I was using XDCAM EX Clip Browser v2.6 with Snow Leopard without any hitch and I've been using it for the last month on Lion without any issues. Can't say the same for Premiere Pro.. but that's another story (fixed now)!

Andrew Stone
November 20th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Doug, thanks for the update on version 2.0 of XDCAM Browser. Good to hear Sony took your critique to heart.

Luc De Wandel
November 21st, 2011, 05:35 AM
Is the Mac version available for download anywhere? I don't find it...

Les Wilson
November 21st, 2011, 06:12 AM
@Luc.... see the link in post #3 of this thread.

Dave Morrison
November 21st, 2011, 03:57 PM
If you have any of the MainConcept plugins installed, be sure you follow the instructions about uninstalling the old software first.

Luc De Wandel
November 22nd, 2011, 03:53 AM
@Les: thank you, I had seen that, but at the time I tried the link, it didn't work on my Mac. Just like any other Sony site, with Safari in this country, for that matter. In the meantime there was an upgrade for Safari and now it works. Great, thanks.