View Full Version : LCD viewfinder for XF305?

Bob Prichard
February 16th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Does anyone make a Zacuto-type viewfinder for the XF305?

I tried my Zacuto from my Canon 5D2. The image on the LCD is stunning when magnified and I can cradle the camera on my shoulder, but the Zacuto is not wide enough.

Appreciate any leads.

Thanks.

Steve Benjamin
December 26th, 2011, 02:01 PM
Would the smallhd dp4 viewfinder/loupe only be able fit this? or be modified to fit this?

Bob Prichard
December 26th, 2011, 02:32 PM
I found out that the Hoodman loupe with the Rizer added fits the LCD, with just a little cut-off on the ends.

I think that Hoodman now makes a loupe for the XF305 that includes the entire screen.

Robin Davies-Rollinson
December 26th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Yes they do - and it's very good too. The only downside is that the LCD tends to twist because of the extra weight. However, I find that until I work out a way of supporting it properly, a sliver of gaffer tape keeps it in position well enough...

Matt Ford
December 26th, 2011, 03:47 PM
I find a black soft hair band (used for ponytails) hooked around anything mounted on the hot shoe does the job. I use the UV joint adaptor for my LED light, adds just enough extra support.

Robin Davies-Rollinson
December 27th, 2011, 08:36 AM
That sounds like a more elegant solution Matt - I'll try that.

Olof Ekbergh
December 28th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Here is another EVF solution and a shoulder system for the 300/305.

Contact me if you are interested in this system. Ot it can be ordered here:
Canon 305 EVF shoulder brace (http://www.westsideavstore.com/index.php?p=product&id=58)

I have other solutions as well, but this is the best it uses the Zakuto EVF and it balances the camera very nicely.