View Full Version : Vinten, Sachtler, Libec, Miller, Manfrotto Shootout

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

Chris Soucy
May 25th, 2013, 11:32 PM
Yeah, figured it was the way to go.

Got the Vinten Vb3 and blueBridge Small Camera Adapter review just about ready for launch (finally!), may have to do the same for some of that.

Seems a shame to leave all this data mouldering in this humungous thread, maybe it might be worth making it a sticky?

CS

Chong Pak
July 3rd, 2013, 05:21 AM
Don't waste your time with crappy tripods and heads, people always seem to cheap out on tripods, well that's one of the most important parts to this game. I've tried many manfrotto and even sachtler and nothing comes to an Oconnor product.
Tripods last for a really long time(my last one I had for 15yrs bought used with atleast 7-10yrs on it) don't be cheap, it will really show up in your operating!

Mike Beckett
July 3rd, 2013, 06:24 AM
Um. The cheapest O'Connor tripod I can get in the UK is £4500. Or, about £1500 more than my camera. It's fine if you're high end cinematography or broadcast, but how many wedding guys, corporate video guys and hobbyists will/could spend that much?

Your advice is correct, the O'Connor tripods are amazing. But so are Ferraris, but all I can stretch to is a Suzuki.

Sure, go for the best tripod you can afford. I'd love a £4500 tripod, but I'm not the BBC or a Hollywood production company - and I'm not alone.

Vincent Oliver
July 3rd, 2013, 06:44 AM
Don't waste your time with crappy tripods and heads,...... I've tried many manfrotto and even sachtler and nothing comes to an Oconnor product. .....

Not sure which Manfrotto or Satchler tripod you have used, but they also make some very good tripods and heads. Everything comes at a price that people are either willing or can afford to pay. I have seen some great handheld shots too. No doubt O'Conner are the DeFacto tripods, but at a price.